Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Coffee !

I've been all over these forums & can't find the 'right forum', so mybe i'll find an answer on the front porch ?  Smiley Very Happy

I have 2 cans of 'cheapie' coffee ; tried mixing them so they would be more flavorful, but not-so-much did it work. Might buy a more spendy brand & mix them, but in meantime, anyone have any ideas on how to make these cheap brands taste better ?

Thanks !

Sandee2
Honored Social Butterfly

Related image

And really, I just wanna drink coffee.  But reading books and sleeping sounds so much more intellectual and health conscious.  Okay, nevermind.....

Image result for sleep or coffee sayings

Social Butterfly

" TO SLEEP, PERCHANCE TO DREAM(ABOUT COFFEE!?)
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for coffee is not just a drink, it's a lifestyle

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1558280510134.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1539015548088.jpgFB_IMG_1488672094980.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for beautiful coffee sayings

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Java Jolt: Coffee May Boost Longevity Study finds fresh evidence that the bracing brew could extend your life
A white coffee mug containing coffee with white cream mixed in.

RICHARD VOGEL, AP IMAGES

A British study reinforces earlier research showing health benefits of regularly drinking coffee.

Go ahead and have that cup of coffee, maybe even several more. New research shows it may boost the chances for a longer life, even for those who down at least eight cups daily.

In a study of nearly half a million British adults, coffee drinkers had a slightly lower risk of death over 10 years than abstainers.

The apparent longevity boost was seen with instant, ground and decaffeinated, results that echo U.S. research. It's the first large study to suggest a benefit even in people with genetic glitches affecting how their bodies use caffeine.

Overall, coffee drinkers were about 10 percent to 15 percent less likely to die than abstainers during a decade of follow-up. Differences by amount of coffee consumed and genetic variations were minimal.

The results don't prove your coffeepot is a fountain of youth, nor are they a reason for abstainers to start drinking coffee, said Alice Lichtenstein, a Tufts University nutrition expert who was not involved in the research. But she said the results reinforce previous research and add additional reassurance for coffee drinkers.

"It's hard to believe that something we enjoy so much could be good for us โ€” or at least not be bad," Lichtenstein said.

The study was published Monday in the journal JAMA Internal Medicine.

It's not clear exactly how drinking coffee might affect longevity. Lead author Erikka Loftfield, a researcher at the U.S. National Cancer Institute, said coffee contains more than 1,000 chemical compounds, including antioxidants, which help protect cells from damage.

Other studies have suggested that substances in coffee may reduce inflammation and improve how the body uses insulin, which can reduce chances for developing diabetes. Loftfield said efforts to explain the potential longevity benefit are continuing.

For the study, researchers invited 9 million British adults to take part; 498,134 women and men ages 40 to 69 agreed. The low participation rate means those involved may have been healthier than the general U.K. population, the researchers said.

Participants filled out questionnaires about daily coffee consumption, exercise and other habits and received physical exams, including blood tests. Most were coffee drinkers; 154,000, or almost one-third, drank two to three cups daily, and 10,000 drank at least eight cups daily. During the next decade, 14,225 participants died, mostly of cancer or heart disease.

Caffeine can cause short-term increases in blood pressure, and some smaller studies have suggested that it might be linked with high blood pressure, especially in people with a genetic variation that causes them to metabolize caffeine slowly.

But coffee drinkers in the U.K. study didn't have higher risks than nondrinkers of dying from heart disease and other blood pressureโ€“related causes. And when all causes of death were combined, even slow caffeine metabolizers had a longevity boost.

Honored Social Butterfly

Related image

Honored Social Butterfly

Social Butterfly

OR AS ANN LANDERS WOULD SAY:"WAKE UP & SMELL THE COFFEE"- STILL TIMELY ADVICE.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for coffee sayings greetings

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1559656276600.jpg

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

246081-Happy-Monday-Have-A-Beautiful-Week.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for sayings about monday and coffee

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for COFFEE SAYINGS

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1556911913537.jpgFB_IMG_1461947465147.jpg1_7.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for animated coffee images

Freshly brewed, hot cuppa coffee. 

"Let me hold that thought.....   Ahhhh, perfect!"

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1557926940136.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

best-coffee-quotes.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

fat burning coffee, Turmeric Fat Burning Coffee

Turmeric Fat Burning Coffee

prep 5 mins

cook 10 mins

total 15 mins

author drjockers.com

yield 2 cups

Ingredients:

Instructions:

Step #1:  Brew 2 cups of coffee

Step #2:  Pour into a glass blender while it is still hot

Step #3:  Add all the ingredients and blend

Step #4:  Serve and Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 cup

Amount Per ServingCalories 78Total Fat 8 g

% Daily Value

12%

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Helpful Notes:

You can make more depending upon how much you want, simply multiply the recipe.  Be sure to use a glass blender for this recipe as you wouldnโ€™t want to pour hot coffee into a hard plastic blender as it will cause the plastic chemicals to leach into the blender.

Feel free to use the natural sweetener of your choice and to the flavor of your choice.  The dash of salt takes away the โ€œbitterโ€ after taste of stevia and makes this super flavorful and enjoyable.

You can also start small with the XCT oil and gradually work up.  If you take too much, you may notice indigestion or diarrhea.  Most people tolerate 1 tsp at a time just fine.

If you donโ€™t have XCT oil around you can use MCT oil or coconut oil for this recipe.  We like the XCT oil because of its ability to immediately produce ketones in the body for fat burning and energy.

Honored Social Butterfly

Coffee and cake go good together!  Here is coffee "in" cake.  Maybe even better.

This is a great combination:

Image result for vietnamese chocolate cake

Chocolate and Vietnamese Coffee Tart

Makes about (8) 4" tarts or (1) 8" tart

from Pichet Ongโ€™s The Sweet Spot

Cocoa Tart Shell

1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature

1 cup (113 grams) confectionersโ€™ sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup (23 grams) cocoa powder

1/4 cup (23 grams) almond meal

1 1 /3 cups (203 grams) all-purpose flour

1 large egg

Chocolate-Coffee Ganache

12 ounces (340 grams) bittersweet chocolate, chopped into pieces

1 3/4 cups (392 grams) heavy cream

1/2 cup (113 grams) evaporated milk

1/3 cup (28 grams) Vietnamese or French roast coffee powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 large eggs

1/3 cup (65 grams) sweetened condensed milk

Sweetened Condensed Milk Chantilly

1/2 cup (114 grams) heavy cream

1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk

1/8 teaspoon salt

For the tart shells: Place the butter, confectionersโ€™ sugar, salt, cocoa powder, almond meal, and flour into the bowl of a food processor. Process until the mixture resembles cornmeal.

Add the egg and process just until the dough comes together.

Form the dough into a disk and wrap in plastic. Chill in refrigerator until firm, about 4 hours.

When you are ready to bake the tart shells, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

Take the dough out the refrigerator (if it is very firm, you might need to let it warm up a little so you can work with it) and roll out on a floured surface to 1/8" thickness.

Place your tart pan or tart rings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.

Trim the dough into a circular shape(s) to make it easier to fit into the tart pan(s). Place the dough into the tart pan and press to fit to the sides. Trim off any excess dough from the edges, and place baking sheet in the freezer for about 30 minutes to let the dough firm up.

Line the tart pan(s) with parchment paper and fill with pie weights. Bake the tart shells for about 15 minutes, remove pie weights and parchment paper, and bake about 5 minutes more until the tart shells are dry to the touch.

Let tart shells cool completely on a wire rack. Turn the oven down to 275 degrees F for the ganache.

For the ganache: Place the chocolate into a large bowl and set aside.

In a small saucepan, combine the cream, evaporated milk, coffee powder, and salt and bring to a simmer over low heat.

Pour the hot mixture through a sieve over the chocolate and whisk to combine.

Add the eggs one at the time to the chocolate mixture and whisk to combine.

Add in the condensed milk and whisk until the mixture is very smooth and shiny.

Pour the mixture into the cooled tart shells and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, rotating halfway through. The tarts are done when the mixture appears set and does not jiggle independently in the middle.

Let tarts cool on a rack and unmold to serve.

Honored Social Butterfly

Something new and different........

Image result for coffee as dessert

Striped Coffee Pudding

Ingredients
  • Instant Coffee 4.5tsp
  • Milk 420ml
  • Whipping Cream 30ml
  • Water 410ml
  • Gelatin Powder 18g
  • Sugar 90g

Cooking Method Mix 6g gelatin powder, 30g sugar and 3tsp instant coffee with 100ml water, dissolve over low heat. Add 160ml cold water, stir well. Pour the mixture into cups, refrigerate for around 30 minutes. The first layer is done. 1.Mix 6g gelatin powder, 30g sugar and 3tsp instant coffee with 100ml water, dissolve over low heat. Add 160ml cold water, stir well. Pour the mixture into cups, refrigerate for around 30 minutes. The first layer is done. Mix 6g gelatin powder, 30g sugar and 1.5tsp instant coffee with 150ml water, dissolve over low heat.  Add 150ml milk, stir well. Pour the mixture into cups, refrigerate for around 30 minutes. The second layer is done. 2.Mix 6g gelatin powder, 30g sugar and 1.5tsp instant coffee with 150ml water, dissolve over low heat. Add 150ml milk, stir well. Pour the mixture into cups, refrigerate for around 30 minutes. The second layer is done. Mix 6g gelatin powder and 30g sugar with 100ml milk, dissolve over low heat. Add 170ml milk and 30ml whipping cream, stir well. Pour the mixture into pudding cups, refrigerate for around 30 minutes. Ready to serve. 3.Mix 6g gelatin powder and 30g sugar with 100ml milk, dissolve over low heat. Add 170ml milk and 30ml whipping cream, stir well. Pour the mixture into pudding cups, refrigerate for around 30 minutes. Ready to serve.
Honored Social Butterfly

Spoiler
FB_IMG_1558795706895.jpg 

Have a great Memorial Day weekend! Be safe and enjoy. 

Click on Spoiler to open!

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1558280510134.jpg

Contributor

Use flavored creamers.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Buy yourself good coffee. Or try buying the whole bean, it is cheaper and you can grind your own beans. If you love coffee, buy what taste good to you! No getting around it, I already tried.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

BEEN DRINKING "FRENCH ROAST" SINCE 198_(LONG BEFORE STARBUCKS!) BECAUSE I LIKE STRONG COFFEE. I USED TO BUY WHOLE BEAN OR GROUND ON THE SPOT& THE COFFEE BUSINESS PROPRIETOR TAUGHT ME THAT A CONE- SHAPED FILTER IS BEST, MAKES THE BEST COFFEE; KEEP IT IN THE FREEZER. I'VE USED BROWN SUGAR( NOT AS SWEET TO ME AS WHITE) SINCE THEN TOO. & I LOVES ME A GOOD CUPPA JOE! ENJOY!
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1531929740915.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

"I'VE HAD DAYS( OR NIGHTS) LIKE THAT!- THAT'S MY HAIR ON A CALM DAY!
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakoutยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP