Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Coffee !

I've been all over these forums & can't find the 'right forum', so mybe i'll find an answer on the front porch ?  Smiley Very Happy

I have 2 cans of 'cheapie' coffee ; tried mixing them so they would be more flavorful, but not-so-much did it work. Might buy a more spendy brand & mix them, but in meantime, anyone have any ideas on how to make these cheap brands taste better ?

Thanks !

Sandee2
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning everyone! How much coffee is part of your day! For me it is 3 to 4 mugs a day. 

FB_IMG_1544725618012.jpgFB_IMG_1470321256544.jpgFB_IMG_1553021979857.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

Good Morning Dave.  How many ounces are your mugs?

I drink about 8 ounces of coffee daily.  With a little milk in it.

Honored Social Butterfly

@wilful 

10 to 12 oz mugs.

Honored Social Butterfly

Embedded image permalink

Periodic Contributor

Hey, that's me in the morning before my coffee! Ha! 

Molly C.
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1551995713833.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

Coffee

Honored Social Butterfly

7 Wonders of Coffee

7 wonders of coffeeNothing wakes me up from my zombie mode in the morning better than freshly brewed coffee. Even the mere smell of it already perks me up during the start of my day; ready to face the new tasks and challenges in store for me and my family. If youโ€™re reading this, then you probably feel the same way.

In fact, this wonder drink is so good at what it does that companies like Starbucks, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, and The Coffee Club have made a ton of money creating different types of coffee beverages. But, if youโ€™re a skeptic, like most people, and fear that coffee is just another drink that costs much more that it ought to cost then this article is for you. Here are 7 wonderful things coffee can do to your body and well being!

1. FAT BUSTER

Everyone knows that coffee contains caffeine; a substance that increases your bodyโ€™s metabolism. This is why people who drink coffee (mostly those who consume it purely without the added cream and sugar) are less prone to become obese and develop metabolic disorders like type 2 diabetes mellitus.  It also triggers the release of adrenaline in your system; so drinking coffee before workouts can increase your intensity during your routines. However, donโ€™t do this if you have a heart condition and when you experience palpitations because it might do more harm than good.

2. LESSENS SADNESS

Studies from Harvard have discovered that those who drink at least 3 cups of coffee a day are less prone to suicide and suicidal tendencies than their non-coffee drinking counterparts. So if you feel a little sad or down in the dumps lately, call up a friend and have coffee together. This will really brighten your mood

3. PREVENTS BRAIN DEGENERATION

Due to the advancement of neuroscience, theyโ€™ve unraveled some facts about how to prevent brain deterioration related to diseases like Alzheimerโ€™s dementia and Parkinsonโ€™s disease. Neuroscientists have unravelled that people who drink larger consumptions of coffee (around 4-5 cups a day) are far less likely to develop neurodegenerative diseases. So, if you donโ€™t want to end up like Allie in the Notebook (sorry for the spoiler if you havenโ€™t watched the movie), grab a cup of coffee and drink up!

4. IT ALSO MAKES YOU SMARTER

Besides preventing your brain from turning into mush, coffee can apparently make you a lot smarter. People who regularly drink coffee are seen to be more alert and have better thinking capacities than those who do not. This is because the adrenaline kicking in makes the heart beat faster thus allowing more blood to go to the brain and nourish the brain cells. If you need a little extra brain power for the day, drink some coffee to improve your mental capabilities.

5. GOOD FOR THE HEART

Although some studies have dissuaded people with hypertension and heart disease from drinking coffee because it may exacerbate their condition, other studies have shown that drinking coffee in your 30โ€™s and 40โ€™s is a great preventive measure in developing cardiovascular disease. Start drinking coffee as early as now (while youโ€™re not yet old and gray) and reap the benefits later.

6. GREAT FOR THE LIVER

Besides caffeine, coffee is also known to contain several antioxidants that fight off the damaging components found in your body. Since the liver is one of the main targets of these damaging components in your system, drinking coffee can help prevent possible liver damage and help in restoring liver damage. So please be kind to your liver and drink coffee and not too much alcohol.

7. FIGHTS OFF CANCER

Since itโ€™s already been said that coffee contains a ton of antioxidants that help fight off reactive oxygen species (one of the main causes of cancer development); drinking coffee will not only help your liver, itโ€™ll also prevent you from developing certain cancers that come from those free radicals.

These are just some of the practical advantages of drinking coffee. If you take into consideration how great it tastes and how beautifully itโ€™s paired with great company and amazing conversations, youโ€™ll surely be stocking up on some good quality coffee beans in no time!

Author Bio: Mumsy & Bub is an Australian-based community of mothers who aim to inspire and educate mothers about the ups and downs, and in-betweens of motherhood. Connect with them on Facebook, Twitter,Instagram, and Pinterest for exciting news and updates. You may also send them an email at info@mumsyandbub.com

Honored Social Butterfly

Where do you fit on this chart? I top off at 3 myself. 

FB_IMG_1556390758219.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Way_too_much_coffee._But_if_it_weren_t_for_the_coffee_I_d_have_no_identifiable_personality_whatsoever (1).pngFB_IMG_1510182268613.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for new coffee sayings

"No, no, no!   Not in my world!!!"

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1548727601203.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

I agree Dave.  Weekend coffee is better than weekday coffee.  In fact,....

Image result for weekend coffee is better than weekday coffee

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for weekend coffee is better than weekday coffee

Honored Social Butterfly

img91c.jpgFB_IMG_1470321256544.jpgFB_IMG_1548728072038.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for beautiful thoughts on coffee images

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for funny coffee sayings

In a CAT-A-TONIC state while sniffing coffee's brew.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1551995713833.jpgFB_IMG_1541450232169.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for coffee and me sayings

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1555160668647.jpgFB_IMG_1553370552728.jpg

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

Hi! I really like the first poster you posted about coffee and the beach! Made me laugh! --Molly

Molly C.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

Time for an old fashioned brewed pot of coffee today!

s-l1600 (5).jpgFB_IMG_1542597944257.jpgFB_IMG_1553023054315.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for i'd stop drinking coffee but i'm not a quitter

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for coffee sayings images

Regular Social Butterfly

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

Ahhh...one committed relationship I am not fearful of.... Love it, thanks!

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for i'd stop drinking coffee but i'm not a quitter

Honored Social Butterfly

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP