Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Coffee !

I've been all over these forums & can't find the 'right forum', so mybe i'll find an answer on the front porch ?  Smiley Very Happy

I have 2 cans of 'cheapie' coffee ; tried mixing them so they would be more flavorful, but not-so-much did it work. Might buy a more spendy brand & mix them, but in meantime, anyone have any ideas on how to make these cheap brands taste better ?

Thanks !

Sandee2
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1533181075577.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1532955105900.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1532183205398.jpg

Recognized Social Butterfly

Well thanks to my daughter,  Ashley,  I tried that 🍄  coffee . Ashley is a vegan,  and is always trying to get me to expand my palette. Must say the coffee was drinkable. Nancy 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1520561020574.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1526076550283.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1526076550283.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1530292405413.jpg

Greetings All, 

A few months ago,  Epster posted about Mushroom Coffee. Has anyone tried this brew yet.  I never heard of it until I saw Epster's tap. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@n566192l

@Epster

As close to shroom coffee, I’ve tried is Chaga.

It’s a growth on decaying Birch trees, it’s end of life for the tree.

Black and crusty, resembles a cow hoof, kinda🤣, think I found a clean website.

https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/integrative-medicine/herbs/chaga-mushroom

Only reason I was into Chaga was as fire starter, then I drank some.🤣 More of a tea.

If you want to try buying on Amazon, or harvest your own a very stout knife, the outer attachment is a PITA to remove.

Cleaver seriously or a Bowie knife thick backstrap. Tough keeps darn near forever.

There is Lions Mane But, tried maybe  6 months back and that was cut with coffee. Think it grows on hardwoods as well. That was Amazon ordered.

About I recall on any mushroom coffee is limited caffeine. I drink to wake up and sleep, I’m one of those people.🤣

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

IMG_1530587556191.jpgFB_IMG_1523934152045.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Had a wish and I think I may have succeeded in creating it. Cold brewed coffee, different taste improved.

Takes a long time to process

grateful for quart mason jars.Guess you could use toddy from toddycafe.com

Instructions-

https://www.jamieoliver.com/news-and-features/features/how-to-make-cold-brew-coffee/

Admit, I had bags of Dunn Bros from Milwaukee, MN. May get wild and crazy and try Nirvana coffee later, need that Vanilla syrup in freezer, thawing at moment🤣

There’s coffee and then there’s slightly upped coffee.Really need to stop working for roasters🤣.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

PhotoImage (2).jpeg

It is iced coffee time on the Front Porch! 

High temp of 95* and a heat index of 105*.

Honored Social Butterfly

Tried my first instant coffee for camping or just in case of no power, add 8 oz hot water you’re golden.

Think more will be coming it’s a kick starter at present.

Called JIvacubes.com compressed Colombian coffee with cane sugar into cubes.

Comes from Miami, think I may be in love for convenience.

If I don’t want to take percolator, stove top drip maker or French press along.

Also according to my handy dandy coffee guy, you might like to stock up now on your particular level of coffee happiness, tariff’s happen.

Froze

Thank goodness for the Seals gift of Coffee the other day.  I am on my way to a Naval base.  There are 50 pups who need to be taken care. Please be careful and safe. Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1526076550283.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1526083517501.jpg

New Jersey's news just reported due to climite  change etc.,  there may be a shortage of our favorite brew. Nancy 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

PhotoImage (1).jpeg

Iced coffee is a great way to have your coffee on the hot summer days.

father-day-2017-1.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1523933401702.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Maxwell House is a brand of coffee manufactured by a like-named division of Kraft Heinz. Introduced in 1892 by wholesale grocer Joel Owsley Cheek (1852-1935),[1] it was named in honor of the Maxwell House Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee. For many years, until the late 1980s, it was the largest-selling coffee in the United States. The company's slogan is "Good to the last drop", which is often incorporated into their logo and is printed on their labels.

Maxwell HouseTypeIndustryFoundedHeadquartersParentWebsite
Maxwell House logo.png
Subsidiary
Beverage
1892; 126 years ago
Tarrytown, New York
Kraft Heinz
maxwellhousecoffee.com

Teddy-565x524_5.jpgFB_IMG_1527625229664.jpg

Early originsEdit

In 1884 Joel Cheek moved to Nashville and met Roger Nolley Smith, a British coffee broker who could reportedly tell the origin of a coffee simply by smelling the green beans. Over the next few years, the two worked on finding the perfect blend, and in 1892 Cheek approached the food buyer for the Maxwell House Hotel and gave him 20 pounds of his special blend for free. After a few days, the coffee was gone, and the hotel returned to its usual brand until hearing of complaints from patrons and others who liked Cheek's coffee better, the hotel bought Cheek's blend exclusively[citation needed]

Inspired by his success, Cheek resigned from his job as a coffee broker and formed a wholesale grocery distributor with partner Maxwell Colbourne, the Nashville Coffee and Manufacturing Company, specializing in coffee with Maxwell House Coffee, as it came to be known, as the central brand. Later, the Nashville Coffee and Manufacturing Company was renamed the Cheek-Neal Coffee Company. Over the next several years, the Maxwell House Coffee brand became a well-respected name that set it apart from the competition.[2]

"Good to the last drop"Edit

Maxwell House newspaper ad from 1921

In 1915 Cheek-Neal began using a "Good to the last drop" slogan to advertise their Maxwell House Coffee. For several years, the ads made no mention of Theodore Roosevelt as the phrase's originator. By the 1930s, however, the company was running advertisements that claimed that the former president had taken a sip of Maxwell House Coffee on a visit to Andrew Jackson's estate, The Hermitage, near Nashville on October 21, 1907, and when served coffee, he proclaimed it to be "good to the last drop".[3]During this time, Coca-Cola also used the slogan "Good to the last drop".[4] Later, Maxwell House distanced itself from its original claim, admitting that the slogan was written by Clifford Spiller, former president of General Foods Corporation, and did not come from a Roosevelt remark overheard by Cheek-Neal. The phrase remains a registered trademark of the product and appears on its logo.

The veracity of the Roosevelt connection to the phrase has never been historically established. In the local press coverage of Roosevelt's October 21 visit, a story concerning Roosevelt and the cup of coffee he drank features a quote which does not resemble the slogan.[5] The Maxwell House Company claimed in its own advertising that the Roosevelt story was true; in 2009, Maxwell House ran a commercial with Roosevelt repriser Joe Wiegand, who tells the "Last Drop" story.

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1526147645285.jpgFB_IMG_1523933464417.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

coffee and oxygen.jpg

Bronze Conversationalist

@DaveMcK wrote:

coffee and oxygen.jpg

As I look at the top of the can I see the attached key can opener that you used to open your can of coffee. If you broke the staring tab you had better have a really good can opener

Bronze Conversationalist

@DaveMcK wrote:

coffee and oxygen.jpg

When you look at this do any of you remember using the key on top of the can to open it.

Social Butterfly

I REMEMBER USING IT. WHAT WONDERFUL & SIMPLE TECHNOLOGY IT WAS !
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
0 Kudos

Boy did I get a great gift last night.  3 boxes of assorted Coffees from different countries.  I took the pups to greet their owners at the Navel Base.  The seals came off the transport plan and handed me my gift..  Boy not a minute to late,  as it was a long 48hours for me.  ..Nancy 

0 Kudos

GREETINGS ALL,

THE OTHER DAY WAS NATIONAL ICED COFFEE DAY. HOT OR COLD, COFFEE IS GREAT FOR THE SOUL. HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED A CUP OR TWO OF YOUR FAVORITE BREW!!!. NANCY

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1510182213897.jpgUW Madison, WI  from boat tourUW Madison, WI from boat tour

Social Butterfly

NOT QUITE "COFFEE" BUT A WORTHY INCLUSION: & TOUGH TO GET OUT OF YOUR HEAD WHEN YOU HEAR IT! BY THE NEWBEATS, COVERED BY DEVO, I THINK, AT SOME POINT. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Jzl_bx3fI
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP