Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Coffee !

Message 721 of 777

That is so awesome :-) Yes, it has like millions and trillions of health benefits :-)

Thanks and all the best to you :-)

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 722 of 777

@e793364k wrote:

Hi Epster...

Chicory actually contains a lot of carbs and that's why :-) Percolator coffee has about zero carbs :-)

Ah. We make up for that elsewhere. (One ww slice of toast for breakfast, no other wheat on that day, that sort of thing.) DH is holding his daily carbs to around 150. He isn't really on a low carb, high fat diet, but very nearly so. That and waiting at least 5 hours between meals has done wonders for his blood chemistry. His triglycerides and HDL are now texbook, his A1C below pre-diabetes level.

Anyway, best wishes on your diet goals. Smiley Happy

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 723 of 777

Hi Epster...

Chicory actually contains a lot of carbs and that's why :-) Percolator coffee has about zero carbs :-)

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 724 of 777

@e793364k wrote:

I use to love chicory as well, however, since I started banting, it is a no go. I have found chocolate flavored percolator, thus my preferred choice but also love Italian and mocha java :-)

@e793364k  Huh. Mary, I know that banting is a low carb high, fat diet, but what's the deal with chicory and banting?

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 725 of 777

I use to love chicory as well, however, since I started banting, it is a no go. I have found chocolate flavored percolator, thus my preferred choice but also love Italian and mocha java :-)

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 726 of 777

@e793364k wrote:

I absolutely love my coffee. I prefer percolator coffee over all others and you?

'Fear can hold you captive.

Hope can set you free.'

Stephen King

@e793364k Chicory. That's what makes the perfect cuppa in my humble opinion: dark roast with added chicory. Brewed or French press, my perparation options of choice. Smiley Happy Although I do percolate it when we camp, and that is always a welcome change from routine. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 727 of 777

I absolutely love my coffee. I prefer percolator coffee over all others and you?

'Fear can hold you captive.

Hope can set you free.'

Stephen King

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 728 of 777

a day without coffee.jpg

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 729 of 777

FB_IMG_1510525603166.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 730 of 777

soup of the day.jpg

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views