Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: CONNECTIONS

Message 1 of 2

@l483260l  Let me see if I have this straight. You want to play a word association game using literature. Yes? Should each connection, though, be direct to the novel or do we take off of each other's connections?

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

CONNECTIONS

Message 2 of 2

Steve  Jobs said(In so many words) that creativity is just about  making connections.  Let's see how many times we can link a chain of connections  (of seemingly disparate items.)My favorite is literature-  e.g.  the book group  to which I belong read Moby Dick. I've been reading Beat  authors ( Jack  Kerouac, Allend Ginsberg, etc.) for last year & found multiple  connections between some of their writings & Moby Dick. Just today,I found a mention of Melville's"Billy Budd, Sailor" in a Ginsberg poem. Fun, if you are a   connector!

The challenge  connector  today is  Harper Lee's  "To Kill a Mockingbird."

Connections don't have to be  literary, they can be musical.etc. Just thought of one_"Mock-ing- bird" Yeah, by, is it Carly Simon ?You can also link to Harper- as in Valerie Harper   or Lee, as in Lee J. Cobb or Alvin Lee(10 Years After)...

I look forward to  everyone's connections...

SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies