Take a look at how people age around the world with this AARP special report: A New Age.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: CLOSED Morning roll call! MARCH-APRIL

Message 1 of 328

@Frozenoem  Big on the dark roast myself. I have settled on French Market dark roast with chicory. Also one to pull out the French press on weekends or holidays. 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: CLOSED Morning roll call! MARCH-APRIL

Message 2 of 328

41* raining, yes! Versus the expected snow threatened by  weather person last night.

Feel a wood fire coming.

Re: Coffee my life blood, I might have a problem but, it works.

3 expresso makers 1 electric and 2 stove top.

Drip maker 2, ones a backup, 3 percolators - 1 electric , 2 stove or campfire. 

French press just in case of power outages.

And my just in case camp stove for backup power, get the idea lack of power happens.

Try some civet you might be surprised. When the call comes in for wakey, wakey I must be functioning within 3 cups.

Coffee not just for drinking, low and slow 250* baked chocolate cake yum.Super moist, he cooks😄.

Frozen

need firewood AND coffee.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning roll call! MARCH-APRIL

Message 3 of 328

@Prosecco6247  The fragrance of honeysuckle is one of my favorite reminders of why I moved to the southeast. It is wonderful right now.   I just wish it would last longer! 

@Prosecco6247, @catwoman500, @Frozenoem  If a man lives in the wilds of Maine we must allow him his peculiarities as going with the territory  Woman LOL.  Give that coffee a try!

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 328

Well folks it is time to close out this chapter of Morning Roll Call! We will be starting MAY-JUNE in a couple of minutes. 

For our coffee I bleened our own coffee using part bold regular and part decaffeinated and grind the coffee fresh for every pot. Right now we have a blend of World Market's Costa Rican regular and their Italian Roast blend for decaf.

Enjoy your morning coffee and see you soon to start May.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 328

And she woos us with self-restraint. Ours, says she, is the sun, the bright sky, the sweet blossom-tinged breeze. Ours to soak in. Ours to enjoy. Ours, until mid-month when she promises to throw another hissy fit. And out we venture, ignoring her bullying ways, into the promise of spring.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 328

@catwoman500 wrote:

@Prosecco6247, Nope, I didn't want to mention it for fear of insulting someone, but no way would I even try one of those animal by-product coffees! HA! Not even sure I want to click on your link! I know enough.  Cat LOL N.

@catwoman500 & @Frozenoem  All's well that ends well...no pun intended!  Woman Wink

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 328

@Prosecco6247, Nope, I didn't want to mention it for fear of insulting someone, but no way would I even try one of those animal by-product coffees! HA! Not even sure I want to click on your link! I know enough.  Cat LOL N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 328

@catwoman500 wrote:

@Prosecco6247, Flowers and trees and grass oh, my...sure to make allergies start to fly! It's such a welcoming aroma... a smorgasbord for the nose. I remember when I was young and had parakeets...as soon as the windows were opened, the birdies' feathers smelled like the outdoors! Kiss the bird and breathe in spring. Cat LOL

Mimi, I am a bold, dark roast coffee person! My fave at the moment is Peet's Major Dickason's Blend. I also like Green Mountain's Sumatran Reserve, another dark roast. I can even handle Starbucks Bold! N.

@catwoman500  Wow!  That's some menu!  Sounds good to me!   Heart   There for a moment, I was afraid you were going to include "civet blend!"  http://www.most-expensive.coffee/  

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 328

@Prosecco6247

@catwoman500

All is well found my triple emergency ration of Kona Coffee, picked up and packed in Hawaii.

I'm presently truly awake, and I didn't require the Pilon expresso to get here.

Coffee is one of my few remaining vices, and yes, it's been at least 6 years since my civet coffee.

Didn't enjoy the PETA stories on civet treatment around 2013-2014. It was a heavenly coffee despite the end it came from.

Frozen

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 328

@Prosecco6247, Flowers and trees and grass oh, my...sure to make allergies start to fly! It's such a welcoming aroma... a smorgasbord for the nose. I remember when I was young and had parakeets...as soon as the windows were opened, the birdies' feathers smelled like the outdoors! Kiss the bird and breathe in spring. Cat LOL

Mimi, I am a bold, dark roast coffee person! My fave at the moment is Peet's Major Dickason's Blend. I also like Green Mountain's Sumatran Reserve, another dark roast. I can even handle Starbucks Bold! N.

Kudos
Views