Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning roll call! MARCH-APRIL

Message 31 of 328

I'm back! Logged out and logged back in. Hoping to play golf here Monday and Thursday next week. 

155897_517931238253210_1854892983_n.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 328

@Prosecco6247, Great photo, Mimi! Looks like how I felt yesterday! Cat LOL

Actually, back in 1976, on a trip to Germany, it rained so much that week that one night we all noticed green goo had grown on our sneakers!

Today we have a little sun. I was about to set up for photos and then the clouds came again. I think I will eventually get these photos taken today!

It's 62 now and may get up to the mid 70's.

Your description of what it's like where you are makes me want to pack a suitcase and head down. Cat Happy N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 328

@catwoman500 wrote:

Hey, All,

Another green day… meaning if you stand still too long, moss may grow on your North side. Algae and slime are also possibilities. 59 now, but so damp and miserable it may as well be 30. Headed to the 80’s this weekend???? Hardly seems possible, but I’ll take it...

...Need to take photos for my auctions, but the lighting is not good enough. I need sun! At least the pollen is not flying around, but mold is a definite possibility.

Happy pros and cons of spring. N.

LOL!  The visual your description conjures up for me @catwoman500  Woman Very Happy is something like this!

Image result for moss growing .gifs

What I want to know now is "Which side is North???"  Woman Frustrated

Adventure, Compass, Hand, Macro

Here in the mid-Atlantic, the forecast is for sunny skies with a few clouds floating by and only a 5% chance of rain!  Wa-hoo!  The temperature is now 68* and is expected to be in the mid to upper 80's today.  What did I tell you about our weather the other day?  Mother Nature blesses us with several days of rain, then takes it away in the middle of the night and leaves brilliant sunshine and everything is lush and green!  All of a sudden the birds are everywhere and ducks, bunnies and squirrels are wandering through my little yard!  Across the street, a few Canada geese are leisurely looking for snacks in a large field.  Everyone's happy about the rains except for the earthworms who surfaced from the water-laden soil...they can find no purchase in a dry, safe environment until later today!  They just have to hang in there for a while...perfect demonstration of Darwin's theory of natural selection.

The doggies watch excitedly from the windows and beg to go outside!  Overhead are white herons, ospreys, redtail hawks and the occasional bald eagle!  I live inside the city limits but a stone's throw from a major local river...that's why it seems as if I'm in the middle of a wildlife sanctuary.  Pelicans skim the water looking for an unwary fish...even the dolphins will occasionally swim in from the nearby Bay so there's always something interesting to watch!

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 328

This 7:26AM email I got tells it all. 

"With the rain and cold temps (40*) this AM, the Thursday league play has been cancelled. This rain out will be made up at the end of regular play". 

Hope next week is better (for golf).

Ed

I still can not post pictures here.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 328

Sporadic showers during the morning; 55F at the apex; late night freeze. This weather will lead us into what they are calling Friday's "Snow Event".

The hogbacks are ablaze in feral color. The chickens have accused me of failing to provide them with adequate sunshine. And the river lab is calling.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 328

Its been beautiful here in Buffalo,past 2 days,yesterday high was 66,today near 70,been wearing capri pants. Tomorrow,in the mid 80's will be wearing shorts.

I've had a recliner which has been my reading chair for about 15yrs.The seat is sagging,been a challenge to get out of it,to say the least esp. when the phone rings.

My close friend,Marcia took me to local furniture store Mon,saw a chair I liked ,felt very comfortable,no problem getting out of it.It blends right in with my living room wall&wooden blinds. Its not a recliner,it arrives on Fri,can't wait Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 328

Hey, All,

Another green day… meaning if you stand still too long, moss may grow on your North side. Algae and slime are also possibilities. 59 now, but so damp and miserable it may as well be 30. Headed to the 80’s this weekend???? Hardly seems possible, but I’ll take it. It has been misting all morning, but it’s preferable to yesterday’s constant rain.

I did clean out the AC vents today in preparation for scheduling the company to come for the maintenance of the system (found the top to an eyeliner in the bathroom vent) but I refuse to turn the AC on until that maintenance is done, or May, whichever comes first. Yikes, May starts Monday! I better get that outside garden hose connected and call for an appointment.

Found a little slug in the recycle bin. UGH! Cat Tongue

Ducks are back in the pool cover. ARRGH! Cat Frustrated

Need to take photos for my auctions, but the lighting is not good enough. I need sun! At least the pollen is not flying around, but mold is a definite possibility.

Happy pros and cons of spring. N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 328

@Frozenoem Welcome home, er, back. Smiley Happy

Snow is good. Snow is good. Snow is good. Snow is good. Snow is good. (Shoveling is good exercise, at least.)

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 328

Geez I'm back 45* with rising wet. Had to return to life vs muck and mire.

Think the woods and dirt thawed a tad to quick. The kin left and I went back to woods.

3 days of torrential rains, I aired down and escaped to home and another wood fire.

Have made the discovery that snow is good, muck is interesting and 6x6 rules for an RV. 

Frozen

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 328

@DaveMcK Ho! Love the harvesting of the lawn idea. We toss clippings into the chicken yard, so thanks for giving verse to that. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views