Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning roll call! MARCH-APRIL

Message 41 of 328

We will be having thunderstorms off and on for the next 48 hours. Lawn will be needed to be harvested by the weekend. Trees are filling in with leaves and more types of flowers are blooming. 

I'm not able to post pictures here today.  

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 328

She does this prit' near every year. She reminds us, as the calendar slips toward Mother's Day, that our declarations of spring mean nothing to her, and that we shall have spring when she says we shall have spring.

Yesterday's rain begot slush, which begot snow, which begot freezing temps, which begets respect for Ma Nature's habit of keeping her own calendar.

Rain. Snow. Lightning. Sunshine. All possible every day here along the Colorado Front Range. If we wanted to pretend we had a modicum of control, I suspect the ever-burgeoning human population would move to a less weather eventful clime. Salute and huzzbah to all electing to enjoy our lack of control!

snoopy gif.gif

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 328

Bright and sunny with a high in the mid 70's. Rain moving by the end of the week. 

FB_IMG_1492999578808.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 328

Oh yes, there shall be rain.

umbrella anyone.gif

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 328

Feels like spring today, not summer!!  This is noteworthy because it has felt like summer  for the last 2 weeks.  We had rain and temps are in the 60s.  Everything is green & gorgeous.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 328

Slightly cooler today (69F expected) with some clouds. Off and on rain expected along the Colorado Front Range this week, which may or may not interrupt the outdoor environmental ed flora classes I'm scheduled to teach. Well, if that happens methinks I shall dig around in my own garden, as I always say a rainy day is a good day for transplanting. Meanwhile: breakfast!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 328

@DaveMcK That's some serious green! Woo hoo!  Even the alfalfa fields out here fail in comparison.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 328

@GREYGRAMA wrote:

It is the end of the day, and almost ready for bed. It was a real ugly day today, very cold and windy.

We had rain for a couple of days, so with the dampness, Burrr. I guess the northern part of the state had snow showers. Tomorrow I head for South Carolina and warmer temps.

Here's hoping for gorgeous weather for your trip. Traveling mercies to you and yours, @GREYGRAMA 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 328

It is the end of the day, and almost ready for bed. It was a real ugly day today, very cold and windy.

We had rain for a couple of days, so with the dampness, Burrr. I guess the northern part of the state had snow showers. Tomorrow I head for South Carolina and warmer temps.

PJ
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 328

After a dreary day yesterday, the sun has graced us. Still kind of chilly this morning at 46, but now it's up to 60.

@Prosecco6247, yes, Mimi, I checked out the lilacs. Most blooms are way too high to reach so I couldn't gather a huge bouquet, but I was able to get one bloom and brought it in and put it in a vase. Mmmm! Such a gorgeous scent. Cat Happy N.

Kudos
Views