Your pain isn't like anyone else's, and science is homing in on better treatments. Read about the newest ways to break pain's grip.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Best Female Singers of All Time.

Message 61 of 126

I would say Doris Day is my choice for the best female singer of all time. She made singing seem so easy and natural. She had so many hit songs and sang them in so many great movies with other famous stars.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 126

The "Singing Rage", Miss Patti Page.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 126
Lest we forget the immortal JUDY GARLAND!
DgW
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 126
Dinah washington
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 126
You must include Sarah Vaughn and Ella Fitzgerald.
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 126

No female singer does it better than Connie Francis!

@DaveMcK wrote:

Top Female Singers of All Time.

The Epitome of Greatness

In the world of music there are many great female singers but only a few have risen to the level of greatness that these giants of American pop culture have. The women listed below have written some of the greatest songs ever and their voices have blown us away over the many decades. Here are some of my favorite female singers of all time. As reminder, I wanted to warn my readers that my list is based upon vocal power, range and uniqueness. Some of the artist's on my list may have had less success than others but their voices are just as great. I believe these women are some of the best singers in American history. Let me know what you think. Check out my short list:

Best Female Singers of All Time.

The Voice

Whitney Houston simply known as the voice was one of the greatest female singer of all time. 

Ms. Houston was truly one of the greatest singer to ever live and this is why she is my number 1 pick for the best female singer of all time. May she rest in peace.

The Songbird

In my book, Mariah Carey is one of the best singers ever.

Queen of Soul

Aretha Franklin also known as the Queen of Soul has re-defined American popular music for more than four decades now.

Rock Legend Royal Janis

The great Janis Joplin has been called one of the greatest voices of American music and an icon of her generation. She was once the dubbed the Queen of Rock and Roll and the Queen of Psychedelic Soul.

Queen of Rock N Roll

Ana Mae Bullock famously known as Tina Turner is widely recognized as the Queen of Rock n Roll. She has sold more concert tickets than any other live performer in history.

The Voice of an Angel

Celine Dion is an Canadian and french singer. The diva first rose to fame in the early 1990s. She is one of the most successful female artists in history with albums sales surpassing 200 million.

Jazz and Soul Legend

Etta James is one of greatest R&B and jazz singers in history and was once considered one of the most overlooked musical performers, though in recent years the tide has finally turned.

The Great Barbra Streisand

After much thought, I decided include the great Barbra Streisand to my list of the top female singers of all time. In a live performance she can deliver a song in a way that mosst other can not.

Rock Queen Linda Ronstadt

Linda Ronstadt is one of the most versatile singers in music history. She first rose to fame as a member of the Folk rock group the Stone Poneys. She launched a solo career in 1969 and became one of the most successful female rock musican of the 1970s era.

So who is on your short list of female singers?

Parts of Singers history from HubPages Inc.

No female singer does it better than Connie Francis!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 126

Anne Wilson of Heart.  She can rock the heck out of a song and also can sing a balad like no one else.  She's the best! 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 126
Did we forget the following ladies?
Natalie Cole, Diana Ross and Pattie LaBelle
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 126
Whitney Houston
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 126

Karen Carpenter, Mama Cass Elliot, Ann and Nancy Wilson, Natalie Merchant, and  Pink.

Kudos
Views