Know someone over 50 who is making a difference? Nominate them for the AARP Purpose Prize. Nominations close March 31!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Who is Harry Nilsson?

Message 1 of 3

I was reading about the Monkees' legacy and clicked a link of "Harry Nilsson" and read a comment from "Baron Von Tollbooth".  As it turns out, I was going to make a comment about how after the Monkees broke up, Micky Dolenz, Davy Jones, Tommy Boyce, and Bobby Hart made an album together (which I had) called "Dolenz Jones Boyce & Hart". I wish I could get another copy of that. Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart (of the fame from "I Wonder What She's Doing Tonight") wrote some songs for the Monkees. But what's really interesting here, is that after Jefferson Airplane broke up and before they regrouped as Jefferson Starship, Grace Slick and another band member joined up and made an album under the group name of "Baron Von Tollbooth and The Chrome Nun" (which I also had and wish I could get another copy of). And so, I am very interested in finding out how this particular commentor about Harry Nillson (which I am also a fan of and had several of his albums) got/chose his nickname. I am hoping that he's at least an audiophile that has a lot of esoteric knowlege of bands/groups/solos/history/etc.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Who is Harry Nilsson?

Message 2 of 3

Just came across this gem of a tribute on Netflix. It's available for instant viewing or they can send it to you. 

Full title is 'Who is Harry Nilsson, and Why is Everyone Talking About Him?' 

You can't have grown up in the 60's and not been affected by his music or the people he influenced, from Midnight Cowboy to The Point to The Fisher King. Give yourself a treat and watch this one! 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Who is Harry Nilsson?

Message 2 of 3

Just came across this gem of a tribute on Netflix. It's available for instant viewing or they can send it to you. 

Full title is 'Who is Harry Nilsson, and Why is Everyone Talking About Him?' 

You can't have grown up in the 60's and not been affected by his music or the people he influenced, from Midnight Cowboy to The Point to The Fisher King. Give yourself a treat and watch this one! 

Kudos
Views
Replies