Get a newer and safer vehicle while saving money! Check out the AARP auto buying program.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Re: Which Movie do you recommend our renting next?

Message 11 of 42

In Response to Re: Which Movie do you recommend our renting next? by nyadrn

I actually liked this movie but then I had read the book first and knew what to expect.  Seeing the movie after reading the book helped to clear up some things for me.

J.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 42

In Response to Re: Which Movie do you recommend our renting next? by Littlemite

Gee that's funny...  I said I did not like Shutter Island  hmmm

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Which Movie do you recommend our renting next?

Message 13 of 42

In Response to Re: Which Movie do you recommend our renting next? by janice0927

Hi Janice,  I really loved "Somethings Gotta Give", and still laugh about some of those scenes, whenever it enters my mind.  Like yourself, I'd recommend this film for everyone. This subject also brings to mind other Jack Nicholson films like "The Witches of Eastwick" which I also enjoyed very much. 

When I think of excellent films, "Seabiscuit" comes to mind starring "Tobey Maguire", and Jeff Bridges, along with a host of other good actors.  I feel this would be  a wonderful film to order for either rental purposes or to buy.  

I remember those in the theater applauded at it conclusion.  Did you ever see this film and if so what did you think about it?   Here is a little reminder below!   Shelby

Seabiscuit-Trailer 2
2 min 56 sec - Sep 15, 2006
Uploaded by SpiderTobeyFan

www.youtube.com

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 42

In Response to Re: Which Movie do you recommend our renting next? by JanieB

I'd say rent them both!  I felt that Meryl Streep should have won the academy award for her role in Julie and Julia.  Her sense of humor comes through in both films.  It's Complicated is great fun.  I preferred Something's Gotta Give with Jack Nicholson though.  They both deal with new found love in later life.  Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!  

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 42

In Response to Re: Which Movie do you recommend our renting next? by geekGoddess1

I promised a few special members that I would rent "The Book of Eli", but haven't done so as yet.   This might be rectified soon, and thank you for your thoughts which concur with theirs!   Shelby

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: re: Which Movie do you recommend our renting next?

Message 16 of 42

In Response to re: Which Movie do you recommend our renting next? by Littlemite

I thought "Taken" was disappointing but I loved "The Book Of Eli". The ending was an incredible twist of irony. It would have given O'Henry a run for his money.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: re: Which Movie do you recommend our renting next?

Message 17 of 42

In Response to re: Which Movie do you recommend our renting next? by BaronVonTollbooth

See the A-Team. Liam Neeson was great as the leader, Col. Hannibal Smith.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 42

In Response to Which Movie do you recommend our renting next? by Littlemite

If you haven't already seen it, rent "The Hurt Locker." Last summer I posted it as the best movie you will never see. Well, it wasn't seen by a lot of people but it did win the Oscar for best film.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 42

In Response to Re: Which Movie do you recommend our renting next? by nyadrn

Hi Diane and Everyone, 

Yes, I enjoyed "Shutter Island" too, and thank you all for your recommendations!   Next I want to recommend the 1996 movie "Freeway" which is much different than others mentioned.  

This unusual film stars Reese Witherspoon, and Kiefer Sutherland, along with an excellent supporting case including Amander Plummer!   I feel you will all enjoy it!  View the theatrical move trailer below, and then you judge for yourselves!    Shelby

Freeway (Theatrical Trailer)
1 min 48 sec - Apr 25, 2008
www.dailymotion.com

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Re: re: Which Movie do you recommend our renting next?

Message 20 of 42

In Response to Re: re: Which Movie do you recommend our renting next? by gina333

OK...looked up the movie about the guy who lost his wife-it was called Dolan's Cadillac. Other good ones we watched recently were My One and Only (with Renee' Zellweger), School Ties (excellent), and Mortal Thoughts with Demi Moore. Enjoy!!

Kudos
Views