On Memorial Day weekend, we remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. AARP also offers resources and news for military veterans and families.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What would make you go to the movies again?

Message 31 of 52

My sisters and I go to the International Film Festival here every year. Love it. Lots of unique movies documentaries and films of all kinds many from young  new directors and film makers.   Some are already on Netflix😀

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 52
Suffer through ads, cellphone glare, rattling bags, people talking, blaring sound system, high prices. NOT!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 52

I still go to the movie's my grandsons and I attend all the time so they keep me up to date with what is new.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 52

Many theaters have reclining seats now with ample room.  They also have very large theaters for the big blockbuster movies.  I'm not sure where you go to the theater but many have been sprucing themselves up in recent years.  AMC theaters are usually very nice as are Arclight.  Maybe you should do some research and try again. They aren't that bad.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 52

I would go if the Film Forum of Manhattan were in my area. Otherwise, I'm satisfied to sit in my recliner five feet away from my 65" OLED 4k TV and watch DVD's from Netflix and streaming from HBO, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and DirectvNow while enjoying high quality surround sound.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 52

Nothing..too expensive

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 52

Strength and energy!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 52

Avengers movie will always bring me back to the movies!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 52

@nyadrn wrote:

Has anyone tried the new reserved seating theaters with reveling seats etc?

https://www.amctheatres.com/recliner-seating

Signature Recliners featuring a tray table. Relax into power recliners & enjoy great meals! Complete with personal swiveling tables, our signature recliners are waiting for you—sit back & eat up!
Power RecliningPower Reclining
Power Reclining!
The power to relax is in your hands in our AMC Signature Recliners. Seat warmers make it cozy, AMC makes comfort easy! Take your movie experience to the max when you tilt back & sink in to the comfort now reclining near you!

Too funny! First they come out with home theater systems at a wide range of price points (simple to complex). Next, the home theater seating, for those who can afford, or want such things. Now here you have your 'home theater' experience at the theater!!

Actually, I didn't know there were such things. I know that we have some fancy new theaters, but I have no idea what the amenities are. I do know that one theater has beer, wine, and a menu, of sorts. They usually have indie films and on occaision, the restored classic film.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 52

Has anyone tried the new reserved seating theaters with reveling seats etc?

https://www.amctheatres.com/recliner-seating

Signature Recliners featuring a tray table. Relax into power recliners & enjoy great meals! Complete with personal swiveling tables, our signature recliners are waiting for you—sit back & eat up!
Power RecliningPower Reclining
Power Reclining!
The power to relax is in your hands in our AMC Signature Recliners. Seat warmers make it cozy, AMC makes comfort easy! Take your movie experience to the max when you tilt back & sink in to the comfort now reclining near you!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views