Live Your Best Life With Rewards for Good. Start Earning Reward Points Now. Get Started Now!

Gold Conversationalist

Re: What Should I Add to My Netflix Queue?

Message 61 of 222
So many movies, so little time! :-)
Report Inappropriate Content
Respected Social Butterfly

Re: What Should I Add to My Netflix Queue? Gone Baby Gone

Message 62 of 222

Most of you movie lovers probably have already seen the above movie made in 2007.    I am a bit late to the party.  A long crime movie  with all kinds of twists and turns.  I gave it 4 stars in myr Netflix review. 

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar

Message 63 of 222

FilmNoter wrote:
Don't know what this means, but the other day I logged onto Netflix and it said a lot of the movies I had as Saved (aka dvds not stocked currently by Netflix) were no longer available. Maybe this is to encourage more users to move to streaming? Has anyone else had this experience?

Yes, I was aggravated to find many movies have disappeard from my list. I am keeping a list of what they removed, hoping I will find another way to see the movies.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Info Seeker

Message 64 of 222
Revenge is well worth watching.
Info Seeker

Message 65 of 222

I like SyFy movies and horror movies like mummies, not so much Zombie too gross.  I love Romantic movies and Adventure movies, like Treasure Hunting,,,,

Gold Conversationalist

Message 66 of 222
Don't know what this means, but the other day I logged onto Netflix and it said a lot of the movies I had as Saved (aka dvds not stocked currently by Netflix) were no longer available. Maybe this is to encourage more users to move to streaming? Has anyone else had this experience?
Gold Conversationalist

Message 67 of 222
Have you caught Fargo, the tv show? It's a very Coenesque show inspired by the film of the same name. (They are sort of honorary producers but did not have a creative hand in the making of the tv show, but gave it their blessing.). If you are a Coen brothers fan, you will get their vibe through the plots, music, and film style.
Conversationalist

Message 68 of 222

Just saw 2014 film, probably one of the last of Phillip Seymour Hoffman, "God's Pocket", thoughtful and provoking. 

Message 69 of 222

I am reposting this here so more people will see it. It was originally posted by Sparkel 18 under TV & I just now happened to run across it.

I would like to recommend Appropriate Adult, a 2011 British television film that I saw on Netflix last night. The term appropriate adult was not one I was familiar with. In English law an appropriate adult is someone over the age of eighteen, preferably a parent, guardian or social worker, who is present when someone is being interrogated by the police. An appropriate adult is needed when there is a child or a vulnerable adult who might not understand what is happening. In this film (2 parts), Janet Leach is called in to be present when Fred West, a man suspected of killing his daughter, is being questioned. The police wanted to assure that there be no question that Fred West understood what was going on. It turns out that Fred is a serial killer and he ultimately confesses to many murders in addition to that of his daughter. This show is based on a real case. This is a fascinating and well acted show. I highly recommend it.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar

Message 70 of 222

Thanks Filmnoter for the info.  I watched "Labor day" with Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin last night.  I would have liked to give it 3 and 1/2 stars if that was available.  I like both actors and the storyline was pretty good.  

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors