Know someone over 50 who is making a difference? Nominate them for the AARP Purpose Prize. Nominations close March 31!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What Should I Add to My Netflix Queue?

Message 41 of 225

I absolutely love DERRECK and NURSE JACKIE. If you didn't watch PARENTHOOD when it was on prime time, I also highly recommend it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 225

@LaDolceVita wrote:

".....I watched "All is Lost"  with Robert Redford last evening.....".

Hmmm. I'm going to check this out. Never heard of it, until now. I really like this old 60's film called Naked Prey, with Cornel Wilde, which is mostly silent. So I know this kind of film can be very interesting.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 225

I watched "All is Lost"  with Robert Redford last evening.  I had doubts about a movie with no dialogue and only one actor but the movie was more than good.   Lots of allegorical images along with  the suspense.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 225

The Art of the Steal.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 225

Hoping to "binge watch" soon @tw75038831 and will report back Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 225

@AARPLynne -  no spoiler alerts, but this season is unlike any previous.  Happy viewing and let me know what you think when you are finished.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 225

@tw75038831, I can't wait to check out the new season of House of Cards!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 225

I don't presume to know your tastes, but my (eclectic) favorites from Netflix are "House of Cards" (new season just out), "Orange is the New Black", and as I am still a fan of the comic books I read as a kid I might suggest "Daredevil" and "Jennifer Jones" which are told in such a way that you do not have to be a fan of the comic they are borne from, just interested in good story telling mixed with an imagination.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 225

Thanks Filmnoter, I have added your recommendations to my list.  I am still only getting the DVDs from Netflix.  I have begun watching more British TV shows on PBS as Downton Abbey hooked me and I became curious about the other British shows. Yes, I got hooked on several!  I really enjoyed the first disc of Last Tango in Halifax.  Hopefully I will be able to get all of them eventually on Netflix or PBS.  

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 225
Hello LaDolceVita! I have been slacking and just rewatching dvds I own (what I call "comfort food" type stuff) instead of new things. I did watch Jessica Jones on Netflix, a Marvel character-based series, but the ending was a little flat and unoriginal. I saw a film fest film that is on Netflix now called Man From Reno, a Japanese crime novelist goes to San Francisco and gets caught up in a film noir crime of her own. Maybe you might like Sensitive Skin, a short British series starring Joanna Lumley. For something a little surreal and odd, try Far Side of the Moon. Those are some of the newer things I have watched on Netflix and recommend. Happy 2016!
Kudos
Views