Forced Nursing Home Evictions Must Stop. AARP Foundation Is Helping Protect the Most Vulnerable. Learn How

Info Seeker

Re: What Should I Add to My Netflix Queue?

Message 31 of 220
Sorry, I was bored.
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 32 of 220

Here are my favorites, which some others have replied they like as well:

House of Cards:  This looks very real that you have to tell yourself it is not real, and isn't happening.

Frankie & Grace:  Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin are perfect in this comedy.  I often catch myself laughing out loud. They talk about eveything along with their x husbands, and adult children.

Wrecking Crew:  A group of musicians who were the backup musicicians for many of the singers back in the 1960-1970s.  It tells of their history, and etc. Lots of good music.

History of the Eagles:  Enough said.  Lots of good music.

Journey:  I think this was the history of Journey.

Janis Joplin:  I started watching it the other night.  It is also good. Interviews sister, brother, high school friends.

Here are a few others:  Longmire, Ranch House, Halt & Catch Fire (history of the computer, but its a series), Reign (Queen Mary of Scotloand before she married the Prince), 

Underarock
Info Seeker

Message 33 of 220

Some of our favorites are Longmire (first 4 seasons with season 5 coming this fall), Skinwalkers: the Navajo Mysteries (based on Tony Hillerman novels), Chicago Code, and Bloodline. We also watch several British shows: Jack Taylor; Luther; and Happy Valley. The first two are somewhat violent, which may not be your cup of tea. 

Info Seeker

Message 34 of 220

House of Cards a real MUST and I'm in season 3 of Orange is the New Black. Also on season 2 of Grace and Frankie. Liked Transparent (Amazon)

If you didn't catch Good Wife and Madam Secretary add those as well....

Info Seeker

Message 35 of 220

Nurse jackie was simply amazing - Edie Falco did a tremendous portrayal of an addict's behavior. Binge watched till all hours - way past bedtime. Having two sons who are addicts (IV Heroin users) it was very painful to watch but there was enough "comic" relief to offset the horror of addiction. Everyone in the cast did a phenomenal acting job.

Info Seeker

Message 36 of 220

I absolutely love DERRECK and NURSE JACKIE. If you didn't watch PARENTHOOD when it was on prime time, I also highly recommend it.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 37 of 220

LaDolceVita wrote:

".....I watched "All is Lost"  with Robert Redford last evening.....".

Hmmm. I'm going to check this out. Never heard of it, until now. I really like this old 60's film called Naked Prey, with Cornel Wilde, which is mostly silent. So I know this kind of film can be very interesting.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 38 of 220

I watched "All is Lost"  with Robert Redford last evening.  I had doubts about a movie with no dialogue and only one actor but the movie was more than good.   Lots of allegorical images along with  the suspense.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist

Message 39 of 220

The Art of the Steal.

Community Manager

Message 40 of 220

Hoping to "binge watch" soon @tw75038831 and will report back Smiley Happy