Get answers to your legal and financial affairs questions about caregiving from AARP expert Amanda Singleton. Join the discussion today!

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Verizon switched to Frontier Issues resolved

Message 1 of 3

Sue

Anyone using Wi-Fi to watch movies and who have been switched to Frontier and having problems will be very interested.  Every one else will go on to other topics that apply to them or interest them.  So unless you are having problems with Frontier, they will go on to other topic. 

Most people follow their common sense, so don't worry if it does not concern you just go on your merry way!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Verizon switched to Frontier Issues resolved

Message 2 of 3

@YoungatHeart7 wrote:

5/2/16 3 pm 

Up-date Verizon tech (now Frontier) just left.  He reset my modem by taking a pencil and placing it in the reset opening at the back of my modem and held it in for 15 second. 

We had to re-enter my name and password or you can create new ones.  It took a few minute and so far so good.  Excellent tech!!!!!

Then he reset my Roku.  It is working fine.  He said Frontier created a fixer and the need to reset.  Good luck to all.  Woman Very Happy

P.S.

I asked and did get a credit for the month of April bill.

Happy ending so far.  Woman LOL

It is frustrating for those who were switch to Frontier and are still having problems with their services.  Frontier is saying; the issue is with the Verizon modem, the Philippines offices were from Verizon, and the reason my bill went up was Verizon was not billing correctly. 

I never reached the office in the Philippines when I was a Verizon customer.  Verizon's services were so much better. 

The office in the Philippines employees were not trained properly and just keep apologizing instead of assisting its customers.  

If you get their office in the Philippines, you have the options to be transferred to the US customer service representatives. They should transfer you immediately if not ask for supervisor.  Please, express your concerns regarding the lack of customer service training.

I truly hope Frontier does not keep the office in the Philippines because service is knell.  

Wi-Fi

Movies freeze while the voice keeps going. I have to unplug it from the wall and wait a few minutes before plugging it back and then go though the menu order for the movies to continue.

It takes forever for the menus to appear. When the menu comes up, the little circle swirls forever before bring up the pictures on the menu.

Internet

It is sloooow.

When requesting information it states it cannot accommodate such large information. “Request Entity Too Large.”

It stated I can no longer use Explore and I had to change to another site.

When in e-mail or Amazon you want to download a video it takes an extremely long time.   Verizon’s was a 1 or 2 seconds and Frontier’s is several minutes. 

Their service lags when going to other sites---examples:

Frontier states “The Forums Are Closed For Maintenance.”

“The forums are currently undergoing maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please try again later.”

When requesting sites, the little circle swirls forever before bring up the page or states these the following examples;

The requested resource /t5/forums/recent posts page/post-type/message/user-id/4824818 does not allow request data with GET requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit

/applications/account/editNewsletters.action does not allow request data with GET requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.

Frontier stated there is just a small percentage of customers that are have these problems. I wonder!!   I really do not appreciate them blaming Verizon for the problems occurring now.  Frontier was not prepared to switch Verizon's customers to their services.

Frustration is the word of the month!  Woman Frustrated

I'm sorry,Youngat Heart,I don't understand why you put your post in this forum. It has nothing to do with Movies,Reviews and Great Stars. Sue
Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Verizon switched to Frontier Issues resolved

Message 3 of 3

5/2/16 3 pm 

Up-date Verizon tech (now Frontier) just left.  He reset my modem by taking a pencil and placing it in the reset opening at the back of my modem and held it in for 15 second. 

We had to re-enter my name and password or you can create new ones.  It took a few minute and so far so good.  Excellent tech!!!!!

Then he reset my Roku.  It is working fine.  He said Frontier created a fixer and the need to reset.  Good luck to all.  Woman Very Happy

P.S.

I asked and did get a credit for the month of April bill.

Happy ending so far.  Woman LOL

It is frustrating for those who were switch to Frontier and are still having problems with their services.  Frontier is saying; the issue is with the Verizon modem, the Philippines offices were from Verizon, and the reason my bill went up was Verizon was not billing correctly. 

I never reached the office in the Philippines when I was a Verizon customer.  Verizon's services were so much better. 

The office in the Philippines employees were not trained properly and just keep apologizing instead of assisting its customers.  

If you get their office in the Philippines, you have the options to be transferred to the US customer service representatives. They should transfer you immediately if not ask for supervisor.  Please, express your concerns regarding the lack of customer service training.

I truly hope Frontier does not keep the office in the Philippines because service is knell.  

Wi-Fi

Movies freeze while the voice keeps going. I have to unplug it from the wall and wait a few minutes before plugging it back and then go though the menu order for the movies to continue.

It takes forever for the menus to appear. When the menu comes up, the little circle swirls forever before bring up the pictures on the menu.

Internet

It is sloooow.

When requesting information it states it cannot accommodate such large information. “Request Entity Too Large.”

It stated I can no longer use Explore and I had to change to another site.

When in e-mail or Amazon you want to download a video it takes an extremely long time.   Verizon’s was a 1 or 2 seconds and Frontier’s is several minutes. 

Their service lags when going to other sites---examples:

Frontier states “The Forums Are Closed For Maintenance.”

“The forums are currently undergoing maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please try again later.”

When requesting sites, the little circle swirls forever before bring up the page or states these the following examples;

The requested resource /t5/forums/recent posts page/post-type/message/user-id/4824818 does not allow request data with GET requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit

/applications/account/editNewsletters.action does not allow request data with GET requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.

Frontier stated there is just a small percentage of customers that are have these problems. I wonder!!   I really do not appreciate them blaming Verizon for the problems occurring now.  Frontier was not prepared to switch Verizon's customers to their services.

Frustration is the word of the month!  Woman Frustrated

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Replies