Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Time Warner Service services

Message 1 of 7

Not sure if you continued  with your quest for  '' TIME WARNER ''  but i and many others have opted out!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7
I experienced all the head aches you just mentioned,. I discontinued service , delivered their equipment and said '' GOOD Bye ''
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7
I ended my account with Time Warner a couple yrs. ago, except Internet. I opted for the Fire Stick, which I paid one time price for. I have a senior discount price for the Internet which is wonderful.. Check and see if you have it , or can get it.
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

Time Warner Cable is now Spectrum. I also heard many horror stories back before the name change.

I chose to go with Direct TV through AT&T. I'm going to see how it goes with them. I took the offer that bundled my landline, Internet and Direct TV for approx $89 a month for 24 months. Wish me luck!

Chloe
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

Sorry in advance; this is not going to be positive.

After years of being over-charged due to PUCs allow them to charge whatever, I moved out of TW area; made no difference; they're all incestuous companies.

One of them actually dinged my credit for outdated TV box I returned and (thankfully) got receipt for.

I've become more careful with "entertainment" service providers.

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

Very few companies get lower reviews than Time Warner Cable.

Their staff is rude and the mechanics of the various pieces of equipment they offer is spotty at best. They have no problem lying to their customers. They regularly manufacture stories and scenarios that are false to explain their actions.

Once you sign up with them at their teaser rates, your first increases may be exponentially higher than your teaser rate and then each subsequent year, exponentially higher again and again. The same services for which I paid $68 four years ago, increased to $108 three years ago, $127 two years ago, and an attempt was made to increase to $147 this year but I had had enough. Their increases are worse than the medical industry.

If you need customer service, you end up calling the Philippines and speaking to people with fake American names that know very little about the equipment with which you have the issue.

DON'T BOTHER WITH TIME WARNER CABLE!!!!!!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Time Warner Service services

Message 7 of 7

Hi,

Does anyone have Time Warner Services?   I am considering Time Warner as my provider for my internet, phone, and Wi-Fi services. I would appreciate any feedback on their services and costs. Please, let me know your concerns, likes, or dislikes regarding them and their customer services’ responses.

Thank you for your thoughtful and valuable information.  Smiley Embarassed

Kudos
Views
Replies