AARP’s "Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families" can help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to receive a free copy.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

The Shack

Message 1 of 1

This afternoon,I saw the faithbased  movie"The Shack' based on the best selling book of same name by William Young.I read the book in '08loved it,took me 2 days to finish

The story is about the Phillips family who lose their youngest daughter,Missy in a kidnapping.The father,Mack is in deep depression just going thru the motions with his wife,Nan and their 2 other children,oldest daughter,Kate who blames herself for what happen and son,Josh.

Mack receives a mysterious letter in his mailbx asking him to return to the deep forest where the shack is located.He meets 3 strangers one named,Papa.They help Mack understand the tragedy,how to forgive and reconnect with his family.

I  enjoyed the movie as I was wiping away tears.The cast was good: Sam Worrington as "Mack",Octavia Spencer as "Papa {God},Avraham Aviv Alish"Jesus",Sumire Matsubara as"Sumire,Radha Mitchell,"Nan',Megan Charpenter"Kate",Gage Munroe"Josh and Tim McGraw as Mack's next door neighbor and friend"Willie". The movie was filmed in 2 parks in British Columbia,beautiful scenery.I'm a fan of actress,Octavia Spencer,will see anything she's in

If you don't want to see the movie,read the book Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies