Nominations are open for the AARP Purpose Prize, which honors extraordinary individuals who use their life experience to make a better future for all. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Hollars

Message 1 of 3

@nyadrn wrote:

@doglover52  I think it's great that you still go out to the movies with friend!

Thanks Diane,Alexei&I have a wonderful friendship,enjoy each other's company. We like the same type of movies,are favorite film composer is John Williams. He's 40 yrs younger than me.

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Hollars

Message 2 of 3

@doglover52  I think it's great that you still go out to the movies with friend!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

The Hollars

Message 3 of 3

This afternoon,my 'movie buddy',Alexei&I saw movie"The Hollars".It begins when youngest son John who lives in NYC as an aspiring graphic novelist, comes home when he learns his mom,Sally has been diagnosed with a brain tumor,only option is radical surgery.His dad,Don is under alot of stress  because his plumbing business is failing. John's older brother,Ron can't hold a job,still obsessed with his ex wife,doesn't see his 2 daughters as often as he likes. John's pregnant girlfriend,Rebecca is remarkable considering their situation

The movie is how a dysfuctional family copes with this crisis. There are some funny scenes ,the emotional ones pack a wallop,I was wiping away tears. JOhn Krasinski {John} directed the movie,veteran character actors, Margo Martindale{Sally} Richard Jenkins are terrific ditto for,Anna Kendrick{Rebecca}. Sharlto Copley{Ron} is good too. We enjoyed it  Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Replies