Take 25 percent off the cost of the award-winning AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code ‘BHM’ for savings.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

The BFG

Message 1 of 1

My 'movie buddy',Alexei&I went to see Steven Speilberg's new movie"The BFG" this afternoon. The movie is based on children's author,Ronald Dahl's 1982 book.

The story is about a young orphan,Sophie who is kidnapped by a huge giant,takes her to where he lives in Giant Country. In the beginning,she is terrified he's going to eat her like the other giants do,but she realizes BFG{big,friendly giant} is  quite charming and gentle,they quickly become friends. They travel to London asking Queen Eliz for help in getting rid of the bad giants for good.

We enjoyed it,the digital effects/CGI were awesome to see. Mark Rylance was terrific as BFG,11 yrold Ruby Barnhill was wonderful as Sophie,she had great onscreen chemistry with Rylance. Penelope Wilton as Queen Eliz in a few scenes was good. She is best known for playing "Isobelle Crawley" in "Downton Abbey" TV series.

The screenplay was written by Melissa  Matheison who tragically died last Nov of cancer age 65,the movie is dedicated to her. She also wrote the screenplay for "ET: Extra Terrestrial" '83,music is by John Williams,who has written film scores for most of Speilberg's films. I give movie 3/4 stars Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies