The AARP Fraud Resource Center can help you spot and avoid common scams. Visit today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Sully

Message 1 of 4

I enjoyed the film about the Miracle on the Hudson.  The acting was well done.  It was a surprise to learn that Captain Sully might have lost his job in spite of saving an entire planeload of passengers. Tom Hanks did a wonderful job once again.  The actor protraying the co-pilot also did a wonderful job bringing this story to the movies. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sully

Message 2 of 4

We don't go to movie theatres, but I'll rent from Netflix once it's released. Good people. And most of films Clint has done I both like, and think they are well done (there are 'bad' films I still enjoy).

Clint has done pretty well for a High Plains Drifter and Tom has done pretty well after chasing a mermaid.........

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sully

Message 3 of 4

@doglover52  Good for you !  going to see these new movies.  Glad you liked it!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Sully

Message 4 of 4

This afternoon,my 'movie buddy',Alexei and I went to see new movie"Sully'. Its based on the memoir "Higher Duty" by Chesley "Sully' Sullenberger. He was the U.S. Air pilot who along with his co-pilot,Jeffrey Siles, landed the airplane on a cold Jan day'2009 in the Hudson River,saving all 155 passengers and crew. A flock of geese flew into both engines,crippling them.

The movie shows what Sully&Skiles went thru when the National Safety Board  investigation officals at first didn't think what they did was the correct procedure,until they proved them wrong. It saved their reputations&careers in the process,how stressful it was for "Sully' who didn't think he was a hero just doing his job.

This was a edge on the seat thrilling movie. Tom Hanks was terrific as Sully,Aaron Eckhart was very good as "Jeff' along with Laura Linney as Sully's wife,Lorraine. Mike O'Malley and Jamey Sheridan were very convincing as the NSTB officials. The movie was directed by Clint Eastwood. I give the movie 4 stars. If you don't want to see the movie,read Sully's book instead Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Replies