AARP’s "Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families" can help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to receive a free copy.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Secret Life of Pets

Message 1 of 3

Thanks for posting; a lot of pet-lovers were looking forward to this .. but sometimes the trailer is just the best parts of the movie, and the rest is only so-so.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Secret Life of Pets

Message 2 of 3

Am glad you posted about this movie, Sue, as I was particularly interested in your opinion, you being a frequent, insightful moviegoer.  Your post pretty much meshes with the review given in the local paper here in Tampa (Tampa Bay Times).  The premise of the movie is so promising to those of us who love pets - but story is not well-executed, sounds like.  Sorry you were disappointed;  it is very possible for an animated film to be successful with both adults & children, as we both know.  Thanks for the post.   Pam

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Secret Life of Pets

Message 3 of 3

This afternoon I went to see animated movie"Secret Life of Pets".What do pets do when their owners are at work,gone most of the day?,that's the premise of this movie.  A couple weeks before  it opened  I kept seeing on TV the same movie clip,first time I saw it  thought it was funny.

I've liked animated movies since I was a kid,some I've seen over the yrs I've really liked,some not so much. I knew the core audience for this movie was kids. There were a couple scenes  I did laugh,overall  the movie dragged for me. I kept looking at my watch after the first hr, that's never a good sign ,a waste of a talented cast: Louis CK  "Max'",Eric Strongstreet"Duke",Kevin Hart very hyper bunny'Snowball",Lake Bell "Chloe" ,Dana Carvey"Pops" Too bad this movie just didn't click with me, though I'm a life long dog lover

The last animated movie I saw was "Zootopia" in May, was wonderful,loved the premise of prey and predator living together peacefully. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Replies