From festivals to better food, amusement parks are adding features for older adults. Take a look at what's new!

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

re: Paul Newman

Message 1 of 5
In Response to Paul Newman:

Hello all, 

I just read that Paul Newman died.  He was one of my very favorite actors - and probably a favorite of many of you, too. The New York Times said he was one of the "last great actors of the 20th Century." He was also a philanthropist. And, they wrote:

If Marlon Brando and James Dean defined the defiant American male as a sullen rebel, Paul Newman recreated him as a likable renegade, a strikingly handsome figure of animal high spirits and blue-eyed candor whose magnetism was almost impossible to resist, whether the character was Hud, Cool Hand Luke or Butch Cassidy.

He acted in more than 65 movies over more than 50 years, drawing on a physical grace, unassuming intelligence and good humor that made it all seem effortless. Yet he was also an ambitious, intellectual actor and a passionate student of his craft, and he achieved what most of his peers find impossible: remaining a major star into craggy, charismatic old age.

I know he will be missed.

-JoAnn

Paul Newman was one of our greatest actors and he will be greatly missed. My favorite movies include,Butch Cassidy, Coolhand  Luke, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and the Sting and the Verdict. There were so many more,and he had the bluest eyes, just an all around good person and entertainer. MaryAnn

Mary Ann
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

Hello all, 

I just read that Paul Newman died.  He was one of my very favorite actors - and probably a favorite of many of you, too. The New York Times said he was one of the "last great actors of the 20th Century." He was also a philanthropist. And, they wrote:

If Marlon Brando and James Dean defined the defiant American male as a sullen rebel, Paul Newman recreated him as a likable renegade, a strikingly handsome figure of animal high spirits and blue-eyed candor whose magnetism was almost impossible to resist, whether the character was Hud, Cool Hand Luke or Butch Cassidy.

He acted in more than 65 movies over more than 50 years, drawing on a physical grace, unassuming intelligence and good humor that made it all seem effortless. Yet he was also an ambitious, intellectual actor and a passionate student of his craft, and he achieved what most of his peers find impossible: remaining a major star into craggy, charismatic old age.

-JoAnn

Hi Joann,

It saddened me as well.  I was fortunate enough to have seen him in person once many years ago in Kenosha.  He was campaigning for someone.  He had such blue eyes.  They were gorgeous.  One of the greatest actors and nicest men.  Strangely, he thought the movie "The Silver Chalice" was one of his worst performances and yet it was one of my favorite movies.  We will definitely miss this great man.

Janese

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

Hello all, 

-JoAnn

One of the best actors...ever!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080927/ap_en_mo/obit_newman_33

~Sharlet

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Hello all, 

-JoAnn

...one of Hollywoods great Actors...he had a full and rich life...started in the early 50's its sad but we all have our hay day... 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Paul Newman

Message 5 of 5

Hello all, 

-JoAnn

Kudos
Views
Replies