Have questions about your Medicare options? AARP's Medicare Resource Center can help.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Navigating the Community site

Message 1 of 3

Hi again @grandmachloe,

Not sure if you are wanting to navigate by tags or are wanting to use them.  

Here's why I use them: I began using tags once I saw that old threads were still being viewed sometimes thousands of times. I figured tags might help those people find what they are looking for, so for instance, I tag each of the daily quotes I post in the Our Front Porch forum with 'daily quote' and 'inspiration'.  Likewise I tag each post on the Gratitude as a Health Tool, a thread in the Health forums with 'gratitude', 'inspiration'.  So if someone is looking for inspiration, they can click on that tag either in the Our Front Porch or the Health forums and voila! Inspiration. Smiley Happy

Here's what that might look like:

Health Forum tags.png

For posts that are more specific, such as one about some current type of credit card fraud, I might type in a tag such as 'credit card fraud' or 'credit card savvy'.

Did I answer your question? If not, let me know and I'll try again. Smiley Happy

tags on the Health Forum.pngtags at the bottom of the Health Forum

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Navigating the Community site

Message 2 of 3

@grandmachloe wrote:

Where can I learn how to navigate this site? I can find the community forum and "all topics" but when I reply to topics, I can't locate the previous views. 

I also don't understand "tags" just like I don't understand them on Facebook, lol. I appreciate any help. Chloe

Hi @grandmachloe. This site takes a bit of practice, that's for sure. I don't know if there's a navigation tutorial, so don't know what to say on that.

What do you mean by finding previous views? Are you wanting to navigate away from a thread after you've posted a reply? If you want to stay in the same forum, you can do so by scrolling to the top of the thread you are on for navigation options related to your location within the forums. From this page those options are: AARP Online Community; Entertainment & Leisure Forums; Movies, Reviews & Great Stars

top of the thread.png

Looking at the image above, note the All Forum Topics link. You'l find that at the top of the page, too. Clicking that will take you away from the Movies, Reviews & Great Stars forum (which is where this thread was posted, so where we are currently chatting) and to a listing of topics in the entire Entertainment & Leisure forums (see below).

Entertainmet & Leisure forums topic list.png

Does that help you get your bearings?

Best wishes,

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Navigating the Community site

Message 3 of 3

Where can I learn how to navigate this site? I can find the community forum and "all topics" but when I reply to topics, I can't locate the previous views. 

I also don't understand "tags" just like I don't understand them on Facebook, lol. I appreciate any help. Chloe

Chloe
Kudos
Views
Replies