AARP’s "Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families" can help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to receive a free copy.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: My Thoughts/Picks for Academy Awards

Message 11 of 14

@nyadrn Thanks Diane for your kind reply,I've been a movie fan for yrs,but never really saw many movies while I was working,too tired by the weekend. I truly enjoy going to the movies now since I have the time,will continue to do so. Sue 

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 14

@doglover52 wrote:

These are my thoughts about this year's nominations for the Academy Awards. I've seen couple movies that are nominated",La La Land,Hidden Figures,Arrival,Zootopia{animated},Florence Jenkins"

I was  disappointed Amy Adams didn't get a Best Actress nod for her terrific performance in "Arrival ". Hugh Grant or Simon Helburg for Best Supporting actor nod for their performances in "Florence Jenkins". Regarding Meryl Streep I do like her  as an actress,but why the Academy continues to nominate her,she has 3 Oscars already is beyond me.

I'm thrilled "La,La Land' received 14 nominations,tying the record with "Titantic" and "All About Eve". I saw this movie twice,have the soundtrack,best movie I saw in 2016.

These are my picks:

Picture-LaLa Land

Director-Damien Chazelle- La la Land

Actress-Emma StoneLa La Land

Actor-  Casey Affleck"Manchester by The Sea' though I haven't seen the movie,always admired his work.My 2nd choice is Ryan Gosling "La La Land'

Best Supp actress- Viola Davis,"Fences"haven't seen the movie. She was robbed of Best Actress Oscar in 2011 for "The Help",Meryl won instead,this is payback time

Best Supp actor-haven't seen any of movies nominated,only name I recognize is Jeff Bridges,going with him

Best Animated-Zootopia,terrific movie

I think "La La land will win 8 Academy awards  I may go see other movies that have been nominated Sue

It is great that you are still seeing so many movies.  I have not seen a single one of the movies nominated.  Rarely do I go to the movie theater outside of the Film Festival here and lots of those movies are documentaries and small productions that will never make the big screen.  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 14

I'm rooting for the movie Fences. I've always liked Denzel Washington. It has nominations for Best Picture, Best Actor (Denzel Washington), Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Viola Davis), and Best Writing/Adapted Screenplay (August Wilson). Hard to believe that DW didn't get a nod for Best Director.

To be fair, I haven't seen LaLaLand, but hear that it is really good. I'll have to put that one on my list to see.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

My Thoughts/Picks for Academy Awards

Message 14 of 14

These are my thoughts about this year's nominations for the Academy Awards. I've seen couple movies that are nominated",La La Land,Hidden Figures,Arrival,Zootopia{animated},Florence Jenkins"

I was  disappointed Amy Adams didn't get a Best Actress nod for her terrific performance in "Arrival ". Hugh Grant or Simon Helburg for Best Supporting actor nod for their performances in "Florence Jenkins". Regarding Meryl Streep I do like her  as an actress,but why the Academy continues to nominate her,she has 3 Oscars already is beyond me.

I'm thrilled "La,La Land' received 14 nominations,tying the record with "Titantic" and "All About Eve". I saw this movie twice,have the soundtrack,best movie I saw in 2016.

These are my picks:

Picture-LaLa Land

Director-Damien Chazelle- La la Land

Actress-Emma StoneLa La Land

Actor-  Casey Affleck"Manchester by The Sea' though I haven't seen the movie,always admired his work.My 2nd choice is Ryan Gosling "La La Land'

Best Supp actress- Viola Davis,"Fences"haven't seen the movie. She was robbed of Best Actress Oscar in 2011 for "The Help",Meryl won instead,this is payback time

Best Supp actor-haven't seen any of movies nominated,only name I recognize is Jeff Bridges,going with him

Best Animated-Zootopia,terrific movie

I think "La La land will win 8 Academy awards  I may go see other movies that have been nominated Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Replies