Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP Job Board.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: My Thoughts/Picks for Academy Awards

Message 1 of 14

I really can't help.  I haven't seen a movie in decades.  Sorry.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

Yes, I agree and am aware both stories , or rather the latter  is a remake

My understanding of the film, and especially de Caprio,Tom Hardy gave the impression as did others, this wonderful and new genre was not a remake.  If my understanding is incorrect, please let me know.  It is great fun for me

to watch most of the credits at the end of films.  I have found fairly close relatives working  in films, not as actors, however.

Tom Hardy who co-starred  with di  Caprio are good actors.  Honestly, Hardy seems to "pop" in many and changes his appearance and speech so well.  Took me awhile to realize this.  In Tinker, Tailor etc. he played Ricky Tarr.

But I digress.  Films have been so enjoyable since I was a child, being more visual I süppose.

Charlee6

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

The book was much better than the movie.  Better ending and better thought out story line.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14
The reason "Revenant" is to similar to "Man in the Wilderness" is because basically "Revenant" is a remake. Most of the so-called movers and shakers in Hollywood have probably never even read a book. They were too busy playing video games when they were younger. I personally believe that is why there is no original programming on TV or even in the movies anymore. Just remakes, comic book characters, and fairy tales.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

Since Hollywood is La La Land, I agree.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

I am going with La La Land to sweep the Oscars.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14

Like to nova

Like to know your thoughts re:"Revenant."

Does " Richard Harris and John Houston""

bring a one to mind?

Okay add

"Man in the Wilderness"  --  I really bothers me.  That being the two so very similar in plot and so much more.

Charlee

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

Over the weekend,The Directors Guild of America Awards had their annual award presentation. Their choice for Best Director for a Motion Picture was Damien Chazelle for "La La Land". This award is a  good indicator which film will get the Academy Award, for"Best Picture". Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

@doglover52 wrote:

@nyadrn Thanks Diane for your kind reply,I've been a movie fan for yrs,but never really saw many movies while I was working,too tired by the weekend. I truly enjoy going to the movies now since I have the time,will continue to do so. Sue 

That put a smile on my face!   A friend of mine retired today and a group of 4 or 5 women who retired in the last few years came to see her.  They are all enjoying those things that they didn't get to do while working.  Good for you all!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

@doglover52 wrote:

@nyadrn Thanks Diane for your kind reply,I've been a movie fan for yrs,but never really saw many movies while I was working,too tired by the weekend. I truly enjoy going to the movies now since I have the time,will continue to do so. Sue 

Sue,  Was surprised to read what you wrote about not seeing many movies during years when you were working.  With that in mind, I am extra glad you are seeing lots of movies now, in retirement!  Smiley Very Happy

Kudos
Views