If you suspect you're a scam target, AARP's fraud helpline is here for you. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Movie Stars Birthdays

Message 21 of 28

Michael Douglas is 72. I started to like him when he co-starred with veteran actor,Karl Malden in classic TV cop show"The Streets of San Francisco" '72-'76,his role was "Inspector Steve Keller". He made the successful leap from TV- feature films. A couple favorites are:

"China Syndrome" '79,co stars with Jane Fonda and Jack Lemmon

"Wall Street" ''87 co stars with Charlie Sheen,Darryl Hannah,Hal Holbrook.

"The American President" '95 co stars with Annette Benning

He has won 2 Oscars,co -producer of wonderful film"One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" '76,Best Actor for "Wall Street" His other awards '09,received AFI"s "Lifetime Achivement Award,Emmy for Lead Actor in mini series"Behind The Candelabra" '13,his portrayl of Liberace.

He's married to actress Catherine Zeta-Jones,they share same birthday,she's 47

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 28

Bill Murray is 66,he got a big break when he was hired by Lorne Michaels exec producer of "Saturday Night Live" to replace Chevy Chase who left the show after the first season. Bill stayed with the show until 1980 when most of the original "Not Ready For Prime Time Players" also left.

What I like about Bill is,he can act in comedy or drama,couple favorite movies:

"Ghostbusters" '84

"Monuments Men" '14,true story of special Allied Forces during WWII in Europe trying to find&recover stolen paintings,other art treasures stolen by the Nazi's. The movie has a wonderful cast ,George Clooney,Bill,John Goodman, Matt Damon and Hugh Bonneville

"St. Vincent" '14,he plays a retired vet who befriends a young boy who lives next door to him with his mom,played by Melissa McCarthy. This is a funny movie  some scenes were quite emotional,myself and others in movie theatre were wiping away tears

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 28

Tommy Lee Jones is 70,he appeared in terrific TV mini series"Lonesome Dove" '89  opposite Robert DuVall ,based on book by Larry McMurty. A couple favorite movies:

"The Package" '89,co starring with Gene Hackman

"Space Cowboys" '00,co starring with Clint Eastwood{directed movie},late James Garner,Donald Sutherland,William Devane

"Hope Springs" '12 co star with Meryl Streep

He won Best Supp Actor Oscar for "The Fugitive" '93

He received Hollywood Walk of Fame Star in '94.

When he was at Harvard,his room mate was former V.P. Al Gore. They are still close friends to this day

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 28

Sam Neill is 69,couple fav movies:

"A Cry in the Dark" '88,true story of an Australian woman,Linda Chamberlain, who was accused of killing her daughter. She claimed a 'dingo'{wild dog} took her child. Sam plays Linda's husband,"Michael',Meryl Streep is "Linda"

"Dead Calm" '89,a couple are terrorized on their yacht when they pick up a stranger,very intense thriller. Sam's co -stars are Nichole Kidman who plays his wife,Billy Zane is the bad guy

"Jurrasic Park" '93,he plays'Alan',co stars Laura Dern,Jeff Goldblume,late Sir Richard Attenbrough. He appears again in JP 3 '01

Sam also starred in mini series"Reilly: Ace of Spies" '83

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 28

Colin Firth is 56,a couple favorite movies:

"Girl With a Pearl Earring" '03,he plays painter,Johannes Vermeer costars with Scartlett Johansson

"The King's Speech"'10,he plays "George VI' with a stuttering problem,co stars with Helen Bodham Carter and Geoffrey Rush. Firth won Best Actor Oscar for his role

"Kingsmen: Secret Service" '15,funny spoof  of James Bond movies,co stars with Michael Caine

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 28

Hugh Grant is 56,couple fav movies:

"Four Weddings and a Funeral' '94

Two Weeks Notice" '02

His most recent role "Florence Foster Jenkins'16,plays Meryl Streeps's husband.He's charming and wonderful in movie

Henry Thomas is 45,makes me feel really old LOL! Two fav movies:

"ET-Extra Terrestrial" '83 "Eliott"

Lengends of The Fall '94,he played "Samuel Ludlow". His father was played by Sir Anthony Hopkins,Aidan Quinn and Brad Pitt played his older brothers

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 28

@doglover52 wrote:

I'm starting a new topic today,my favorite movie actors and actresses birthdays. This is similar to the one I started in the TV Talk forum.

For yrs, I've always enjoyed seeing their movies either in the movie theatre or on TV. They can do either comedy or drama or both.There are some who have retired from acting,others  still making movies. A few have won an Oscar for their particular role.These stars with long careers have had a couple of 'duds' in their resume,that's ok.

I begin with actor in my opinion, the only"James Bond",Sean Connery who is 86.

There are a couple of his movies I've always liked:

"The Man Who Would be King" '75 co starring with Michael Caine,Christopher PLummer,directed by John Huston

"The Untouchables" '87 co starring with Kevin Costner.,the feud between Elliott Ness and Al Capone. Connery's role is Jimmy Malone,Ness's mentor. He won best supporting actor Oscar in '87 for this role

"Indiana Jones and The Crusade" '89,Connery plays Harrison Ford's father.

If you like,feel free to comment on these actors/actresses I've chosen. Sue

I LIKE IT!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Movie Stars Birthdays

Message 28 of 28

I'm starting a new topic today,my favorite movie actors and actresses birthdays. This is similar to the one I started in the TV Talk forum.

For yrs, I've always enjoyed seeing their movies either in the movie theatre or on TV. They can do either comedy or drama or both.There are some who have retired from acting,others  still making movies. A few have won an Oscar for their particular role.These stars with long careers have had a couple of 'duds' in their resume,that's ok.

I begin with actor in my opinion, the only"James Bond",Sean Connery who is 86.

There are a couple of his movies I've always liked:

"The Man Who Would be King" '75 co starring with Michael Caine,Christopher PLummer,directed by John Huston

"The Untouchables" '87 co starring with Kevin Costner.,the feud between Elliott Ness and Al Capone. Connery's role is Jimmy Malone,Ness's mentor. He won best supporting actor Oscar in '87 for this role

"Indiana Jones and The Crusade" '89,Connery plays Harrison Ford's father.

If you like,feel free to comment on these actors/actresses I've chosen. Sue

Kudos
Views
Replies