You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Money Monster

Message 1 of 2

I forgot to mention actress,Jodie Foster directed this movie. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Money Monster

Message 2 of 2

Yesterday afternoon,my 'movie buddy' Alexei&I went to see movie"Money Monster".

The story is about a flamboyant stock guru, Lee Gates{think of CNBC"s Jim Cramer, with  dancing girls}. A capitals company,IBIS that Lee touted as a good bet loses $800million in one day due to a 'computer glich'.,Lee had scheduled to have the CEO of the company ,Walt Camby on his show at the last moment cancels,many people lose lots of money.

A young man,Kyle who put all of his live savings in this stock, shows up unannounced live during the show,with a gun and a bomb vest which he tells Lee to put on. He wants answers to what happen to his money or he's going to kill Lee. Lee's producer,Patty frantically tries to find Camby while she and Lee try to calm Kyle down.

This movie received mixed reviews,I don't care we really enjoyed it. The cast was terrific starting with George Clooney as Lee, Julia Roberts as his producer,Patty. They aren't  onscreen together in most of the movie,but when they are,their chemistry shines.Off screen,they have been close friends for yrs. Jack O'Connell who plays Kyle is good,he does a decent New York accent considering he's British.{If you saw the movie"Unbroken" about Louis Zamperini,he played "Louie"}. Dominic West played the CEO,Walt Camby. The movie was directed by Jodie Foster,her 3rd film as a director.

The movie is fast paced,some funny scenes,I recommend the movie. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies