AARP’s "Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families" can help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to receive a free copy.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Marilyn Monroe

Message 1 of 2

I've probably watched more documentaries about her, than actual movies she made; I never liked that breathy "little girl voice"! From what I've seen, she learned her strengths early on, and was very good at marketing herself. Unfortunately, she wasn't as good dealing with her weaknesses, although over the years she identified them.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Marilyn Monroe

Message 2 of 2

Marilyn's image is memorialized by artists such as Andy Warhol, in posters, calendars, shower curtains, and in song by Elton John. She is a bigger  star in death.  Who would have thought she would have such an impact on the psyche of ppl, in an attempt to solve the mystery of her very short and severely disturbed life.  Did she leave heirs to her estate?  There have been many imitators but there will never be another like Norma Jean (her real name).  Did the movies make her an icon or did she succumb to the demands of Hollywood?     

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies