There’s always more to discover with an AARP membership! Check out your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: La La Land

Message 1 of 2

This afternoon,I saw "La,La,Land" again,for a couple of reasons.

When my 'movie buddy',Alexei&I saw it a couple weeks ago,the only seats available were  way over on the right side,{where I rarely sit}didn't see everything clearly.The seats were recliners,not use to seeing a movie like that either. Today I went to the Regal theatre were I usually go,sat right in the middle. There were about 25 others for early afternoon showing. As I'm watching it, I said to myself a couple times"I don't remember seeing this scene'. It was better the 2nd time,loved the soundtrack.

I'll be interested to see how many Academy Award nominations the movie receives. It deserved the 7 Golden Globe wins. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

La La Land

Message 2 of 2

My 'movie buddy',Alexei and I finally saw,"La LaLand" this afternoon. I had read mostly great reviews. All I can say is WOW!

The story takes place in modern day Los Angeles,,2 main characters are Mia ,an aspiring actress, who works in a coffee shop on the Warner Brothers studio lot. She goes on many auditions ,trying to become successful. Sebestian, is a dedicated jazz pianist who hopes one day to own a jazz club. The two meet,fall in love,encourage each other to pursue their dreams which becomes bittersweet.

This was a dazzling movie filled with terrific jazz score.The 2 leads,Emma Stone,"Mia",Ryan Gosling"Sebestian" were dynamite together,great onscreen chemistry.The supporting cast was good with J.K.Simmons,who plays Sebestian's boss,Bill,r&b singer,John Legend as Keith,bandmate of Sebestian. The score was written by Justin Hurwitz,lyrics by Benji Pasek,Justin Paul. The movie was written &directed by Damien Chazelle,who last yr directed J.K. Simmons in "Whiplash". Simmons won best supp actor Oscar for his role as the mean spirited jazz teacher.

We loved this movie we may go see it again.The movie deserves all the accolades its receiving,is nominated for 8 Golden  Globe Awards.I highly recommend it. Its the best movie I've seen this yr Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies