The AARP Fraud Resource Center can help you spot and avoid common scams. Visit today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Going In Style

Message 11 of 13
I have not seen the remake. The original is a wonderful movie. The cast in the original were outstanding. I will see the new one when its out for rental. My hearing is bad and I like to use subtitles to pickup the words my broken ears hear. I'm a fan of Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman, and Alan Arkin, but I would be surprised if the new version was better, a vague term at best. I would expect it to be wonderful with the story and the cast, but better? I can't make a judgement without seeing the new version, but I would be surprised if it was better. I expect it to be wonderful, like the original, but in different ways. Caine and Freeman are among my very favorite actors, but its hard to replace George Burns and Art Carney. I can picture them in the airplane scene with Carney's character freaking out because the wings flap a bit. It actually brings tears to my eyes remembering.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Going In Style

Message 12 of 13

We were fortunate enough to receive passes for this movie back in early March and we have been spreading the joy we had watching it with anyone who would listen.  And we gave it good reviews for anyone who was interested in hearing because while it deals with so much reality it does not get mired in the negatives and makes room for the underdog to get one more "bite" in before he gets too old to leave a mark.  We can't wait for its debut on DVD so we can buy it for my father-in-law because we believe he will truly love it .  It was an experience for everyone, not just seniors, and shows the tenacity of our seniors to still show their mettle when wronged through no fault of their own.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Going In Style

Message 13 of 13

This afternoon,my movie buddy,Alexei and I saw movie "Going in Style" starring Michael Caine,Morgan Freeman and Alan Arkin. The original movie of same name came out in'79,starring Art Carney,George Burns and Lee Strasburg. The story is about 3 retired men,Joe,Willie&Albert trying to make ends meet. The steel company they worked  for over 40yrs has been bought out,moving its operations overseas to Vietnam,losing their pension in the process

Joe ,the ring leader who lives with his daughter and granddaughter,is about to lose his house because he can't pay the huge mortgage. When he learns the money from the pension is going thru his bank,he decides its time to get even.He has to persuade Willie&Albert to go along with his crazy idea

This was a wonderful,funny,emotional, movie better than the original ,Michael Caine"Joe",Morgan Freeman"Willie" and Alan Arkin"Albert are very connvincing in their roles,great onscreen chemistry .The supporting cast was good too,Ann-Margaret as Albert's love interest,Matt Dillon as the FBI agent going after the guys,Christopher Lloyd as their friend "Milton'. In this role,it reminded me of Lloyd's 'spaced out' character "Rev Jim" on TV series 'Taxi'. Joey King as Joe's grand daughter,'Brooklyn',Maria Dizza " Rachel" Joe's daughter

The movie was shot in and around New York City,written by Theodore Melfi who directed movie'Hidden Figures'. The movie was directed by Zach Braff who starred in TV series"Scrubs".

I highly recommend the movie,been long time fan of Caine&Freeman Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Replies