Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Going In Style

Message 1 of 13

No solutions were discussed, but it is a comedy.  It was still a feel-good film for me. Fantasy ending made me smile.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

Loved the humor and the actors, but it is a serious message.  Enjoyed my movie time, but found the ending to be too sweetly contrived.  I was too serious and know how cash is viewed.  That made me frown.  If only life could be that simple in this computer age.  Must watch for the original. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

I think it masquerades as a comedy but is more of a cautionary tale.  I plan to see  the original and see what their "secondary" message was in it.  Knowing it was made in the 1960s it cannot be concerned about technology, bank-wary people who saw the bank failures of our age and the collapse of housing and retirment funds.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

I saw the film last week and thought it provided an exacting message of where we as an aging society are head....it's not a very good look for older americans.  I very much enjoyed the acting, the actors and the humor of the film.  However, I think the film's message was much deeper than an entertaining afternoon of comedy.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

I saw the move about 2 weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

My husband and I saw it the other day. I never saw an original but we did enjoy this light hearted film......we had some good laughs..........very much needed today!!!!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

I really enjoyed the original years ago and though I admire the actors in this renewed version I do not plan on watching it. Redundancy is not my idea of a good film.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

I saw this movie about 2 weeks ago and I, too, enjoyed it immensely.  I never saw the original so I have nothing to compare it against, but I can say that they picked the perfect actors.  It wasn't a gut busting movie, but it did have a number of really great laughs.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

I loved loved loved this movie .....such great actors and so so funny ... sure wish we had more opportunities to see this quality and light-hearted comedy .... I love to go to the movies -- nothing better than big screen ... this I will buy so I can watch over and over and keep on laughing ....maybe a sequel could be done ...Heart

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

My girlfriend and I saw the new movie.  We laughed a lot because so many things said and done reminded us of ourselves!  The actors were very good.

Kudos
Views