You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Use code VET to save 25 percent now.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Girl With the Pearl Earring

Message 21 of 28

The movie, "Jaws", was much better than the book.  One of few times I can say that. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Handmaid's Tale

Message 22 of 28

A lot of people loved the book but I could not get into it. When it was turned into a mini series I figured I would try it. What a world of difference between the two. I have even deceided to give the book a try again!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 28

Valley Of The Dolls was so much better than the book as the movie updated to the mid to late sixties hwen the subjects were current. The casting was supreme. Will always be in my top five favorite movies.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 28

Silence of the Lambs, for sure.  Anthony Hopkins and Jodie Foster bring this book to life.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 28

Thank you @LaDolceVita! I have the book and have tried to read a few times and haven’t been able to read much, yet. Didn’t even know it had been made into a movie. I usually will read anything historical fiction but have had a hard time with this. Maybe I’ll find the movie now that I know!!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Movie better than book

Message 26 of 28

The film

The Razors Edge with Bill Murray made in the 1970s is better than both the novel by Somerset Maugham it is based on and a film of the same book made I believe in the 1950s

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 28

Thanks for the recommendation, @LaDolceVita. It seldom happens that way...will add this to my list!

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Girl With the Pearl Earring

Message 28 of 28

This is an older movie, made in 2003.  I read the book a few years ago and I found the movie to be better than the book!   Understated and well acted with with Colin Firth, Scarlett Johansson and Judy Parfitt.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Replies