Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Genius (currently on HBO)

Message 1 of 2

Hi MaVoltä 

I waited to see this film.  Colin Firth is among my very favourites  as is Jude Law.

Agree with your review,; great script and both actors, put their very best efforts into their respective characters.

However, I found it difficult to match the teenage Thomas Wolfe (This Boy's Life) and the adult Thomas Wolfe in "Genius ."

Both films are attributed to the life of Thomas Wolfe.

I am unable  to assign the two personalities as represented in both films.

Perhaps someone here who is as much a film buff as myself, may present 

a critique which will end my frustration.

Please note I do not find any problem at all, in my view, with the actors nor story.

Charlee6

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Genius (currently on HBO)

Message 2 of 2

We recently watched the movie Genius, currently showing on HBO. It's the true story of editor Max Perkins (Colin Firth) and writer Thomas Wolfe (Jude Law). Cast also includes Nicole Kidman as Perkins lady-friend Aline Bernstein, and Laura Linney as Mrs. Perkins. We thought it was very entertaining and well done.

The two men were complete opposites as personalities. Wolfe, at times exhuberant and enthusiastic, would also sink to lows of almost drowning from within. Perkins was the steady, even keel, needed to keep him on track. It's time capsule of the era and the creative world at that time of the 20th century. I highly recommend it.

More info here - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1703957/

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies