You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Message 1 of 3

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Thank you Sue for the insight to the movie.  The trailers made it to appear it's a "must see".  In your opinion, will young children appreciate it?  I see it's PG-13, but....you know how that goes.  Is the violence that bad?

Hi Centristsin,if young kids are just starting to read the "HP" books,this movie would be a great introduction to the world of wizards. There are a few scenes&references that reminded me of the "HP" movies,the violence isn't bad,its fantasy action e.g. use of wands. There was a young boy,I'd say 8 who was sitting in front of us,he was enthralled by the movie Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Message 2 of 3

Thank you Sue for the insight to the movie.  The trailers made it to appear it's a "must see".  In your opinion, will young children appreciate it?  I see it's PG-13, but....you know how that goes.  Is the violence that bad?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Message 3 of 3

This afternoon,my 'movie buddy',Alexei and I saw "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them". It set 70yrs before Harry Potter reads these books at his wizard school,"Hogwarts"The movie is about a writer and wizard,Newt Scamander, who searches the world to find beasts in all sorts of sizes which the wizarding community see as dangerous. Newt cares for these beasts,they all live in his brown suitcase. He arrives for first time in NYC in 1926,sees an anti-witch rally, one of the major plotlines in all the Harry Potter books/movies,wizards vs muggles.He meets 2 characters who help him,Tina a low level Magical Congress employee,Jacob Kowalski,a muggle.

I've read all the "HarryPotter" books loved them,ditto for the movies.This had a wonderful cast starting with Eddie Redmayne as "Newt",Katherine Waterson,"Tina"{she looks so much like her father,Sam},Dan Fogler as "Jacob",Alison Sudol who plays Tina's sister"Queenie",Samatha Morton "Mary Lou" anti-witch extremist and Colin Ferrell as "Percival Graves". The screenplay was written by JK Rowling author of the books,directed by David Yates who directed the last 4 "HP" movies.If you are a HarryPotter fan,you'll love this movie as much as we did. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Replies