There’s always more to discover with an AARP membership! Check out your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Deepwater Horizon

Message 1 of 1

This afternoon,my 'movie buddy',Alexei&I went to see "Deepwater Horizon" which is based on actual events. In April 2010,a British Petroleum oil rig,DH" exploded and,for 87 straight days,a total of 4.2 million barrels of crude oil gushed in to the Gulf of Mexico. It became the worst U.S. environmental diaster.  The movie is about the courage,strength to save as many crew members as possible,unfortuantely 11 crew members didn't survive.

The cast was terrific with Mark Wahlberg,Kurt Russell,Dylan O'Brien,Gina Rodrquez, John Malchovich{he played one of the BP officals},Kate Hudson. The director,Peter Berg&producers decided to build their own rig,it looked 85% like the real one. They had 85 welders& 3.2 million tons of steel to build the set in a Six Flags parking lot in New Orleans which had been destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.  We really enjoyed this fast paced,edge of your seat thriller. I give it 3 stars Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies