Watch AARP’s Movies for Grownups awards show online! View the streaming video on PBS.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Arrival

Message 1 of 2

I'll be checking on this when it comes to Netflix on CD. I've written before that I am a sci-fi affectionado, but admit that few sci-films are much better than 'B' movies.

But the current trend of sci-fi has seen much better quality of films. The Martian is, imho, a good quality sci-fi film. Yes, Contact comes in as one of the best sci-fi films ever made.

So, based on your background, Arrival will probably be very good.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Arrival

Message 2 of 2

This afternoon I went to see the movie 'Arrival' a sci -fi fantasy about alien spaceships showing up in 12 different countries around the world. They are shaped like giant clam shells,all in black&stand 1,500 feet tall.

One of them has landed in Montana,the Army has recruited, Dr. Louise Banks{Amy Adams} who is a linguistics expert and Ian{Jeremy Renner} a physics expert to figure out why they are here&what do they want.

I enjoyed the movie,Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner were terrific in their roles,as was Forrest Whitakker who plays the Army guy who asks for their help. In some scenes it reminded me of another sci-fi movie,"Contact",which is one of my all time favorites. I give the movie 3 stars 

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies