Take 25 percent off the cost of the award-winning AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code ‘BHM’ for savings.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Any old movie fans out there?

Message 11 of 20

Hi

I remembered her daughter gave an interview years ago. I entered the sentence below in the search engine and it appeared.

Loretta Young daughter’s Interview with Entertainment This Week, December 21, 1986

The movie Call of the wild is a great movie.  You can see the movie on You tube.

Enjoy,

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 20

I've seen Call of the Wild many times and could have sworn it was on TCM too....probably wrong but that is my go to station for the best of the oldies.Heart

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 20

I found the movie on a website called StageVu. You can either watch it on the website or download it. You need the DivX player to watch it on the website. It downloads as an "avi" file that Windows Media Player, or other players, will play.

The URL is: http://stagevu.com/video/thnhwhgtazzq 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 20

she told everyone she adopted the baby. Named her Judy Lewis I believe.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 20

When we were playing cards on the scissor llift, we watched James Cagney in Yankee Doodle Dandy on the portable TV. We missed the ending when we had to take out the garbage.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 20

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/70103/The-Call-of-the-Wild/

Follow the link for TCM's page on this movie. They have shown if several times. Let's not forget Jack Oakey!

Loretta could be so beautiful. Here, in some of the "woods" scenes, she's just breathtaking.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 20

Netflix has the Clark version along with several other versions. I probably watched that film several times, but not for decades.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 20
@isolde  & @LaDolceVita   -  After reading your posts, I did internet search to learn a little more about the movie under discussion.  I came across this youtube presentation, which claims to be a showing of the whole movie!  I didn't watch it, but you might want to give it a look, as this might be an easy way for you to view the movie?
 www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-a4wVVjQC4
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 20

Interesting, I would like to see it too.  You would think TCM would play it at some point.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Any old movie fans out there?

Message 20 of 20

Back  in the 30s Loretta Young and Clark Gable starred in a movie "Call of the Wild" and at the time Gable was married.  An affair between the stars was rumored.  Loretta had a daughter born shortly after and never named Clark as the father.   Recently her daughter died at age 76.  The daughter's resemblance to Gable was striking.  Sure would like to see this movie.  Some say the chemistry between them in the movie was electrifying. Usually actors merely act, but this was real.  This movie has never been shown on TCM.

Kudos
Views
Replies