Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

renewal notice scam

This is ridiculous, and an ABSOLUTE SCAM, one time, I was billed ahead by 3 years for paying when notified...  also given an additional account, which they also billed !!!.AARP  knows, or should know, your actual expiration date!! this is unethical at best....VERY AGGRAVATING....

Reader's Digest did that to my mother. Not only is she 5 years ahead thanks to overbilling but they apparently sold her name to a company that overbilled her for the same magazine paying over 5 times. I have no idea how long they did this to her and I missed it last year. In a two year period, RD and SW Publishing billed my mother $84 and over $200 respectively. Shame on these sorry scammers.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@7940740,

All subscription services do the same thing. That is why I wait until the subscription almost runs out and then I NEGOTIATE.

I get XM radio for half of their original billing amount, I get my local paper also at 50% off, I get Time magazine for three full years for $30, and, let's not forget AARP.

They charge $16 a year and I got FIVE(5) years for $31.00, about $6.00 a year.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP