Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why is AARP On Facebook Trying to Get New Members?

Message 1 of 10

@Soosie 

Hey Soosie Saw this thread wanted to let you know something I have noticed Although I have a Facebook page don't get on there often but use other sites and I have realized that Google & other sites most of us use if we've allowed them to use our internet activity to reflect ads we see I see things I have searched for while shopping and sites I go to appear in my ads including AARP So possibly this could be reason you are seeing so many....just my thoughts,

Ginger : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10
Why so much? With so many people reaching senior age, I would think they would be contacting you.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

@Soosie, yes, we do use paid advertising on Facebook.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10
@AARPBriana............Does AARP pay for their ads on Facebook? Also, why are there so many?
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

@Soosie, there can be any different reasons why these situations arise. In order to help our members as quickly as possible, we offer customer support on Facebook (and Twitter too!). Often, we need to obtain member info and this can easily be done via Facebook messenger. While many people are aware of AARP, many are not and Facebook gives us another way to spread the word.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10
@AARPBriana..........I think it would be better if answers to why a member did not receive their gift, their membership card, or they are receiving too many requests to join could be found in the AARP site. When I go to Facebook, I don't expect to find 10 or more ads and replies for AARP. I thought a senior who wants to join will go to AARP and just join. I didn't realize AARP has to make a strong drive for membership.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

Hi @Soosie, we do run membership ads on Facebook. We try to spread the word wherever our members and potential members are and Facebook is one of those places. We do have a dedicated social response team monitoring all of our Facebook content and responding accordingly.

View solution in original post

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10
Seems all the posts here are not answered.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Why is AARP On Facebook Trying to Get New Members?

Message 10 of 10

Every time I go on Facebook, it seems AARP is on there trying to gain members.  This seems odd to me.  Most of the replies I am seeing is that AARP is too liberal and they have posters who seem to represent AARP denying this.  Is it usual for AARP to try to gain membership through Facebook posts?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.