Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Secondary Membership

Should you have your own account if you are listed as a secondary member on your spouses account?  …same benefits?

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Silver Conversationalist

@JamesH96957 wrote:

Should you have your own account if you are listed as a secondary member on your spouses account?  …same benefits?

Being the secondary member on your spouse’s account allows you all of the same benefits without having to pay for a second membership. Every paid membership is allowed one additional household member for free.

View solution in original post

Community Concierge

@JamesH96957 Thanks for your interest in AARP membership, James! @LindaB671 is right, the membership benefits are the same for all AARP members regardless of primary or secondary status. Check out the membership benefits here: https://www.aarp.org/benefits-discounts/

0 Kudos
Contributor

from all i have read in these comments re: membership, i have to seriously think about keeping mine.  i believe i paid twice for an alleged discount for 2 years for $20.00 unless one email was actually scam than i am in big trouble.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@obercz209145 Let's look into that for you! Please call 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) and a member representative will be happy to help!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@JamesH96957 wrote:

Being the secondary member on your spouse’s account allows you all of the same benefits without having to pay for a second membership. Every paid membership is allowed one additional household member for free.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP