Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Secondary Member cannot be Primary Member

I am trying to add my spouse to my account in account details, but each time I select add second member I get an error message of: "Sorry, the secondary member name must not match the primary member name. Please enter a different name.". BUT I don't see this person listed anywhere in my account details. I am listed as the primary member.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

And in our case, we share the same email address and yet it expects us to each have our own.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@WendyPNW Hi Wendy, here to help! I tried to send you a private message here on the Community site, but it looks like you don't have private messages enabled. If you'd like to enable private messaging, and send me a direct private message with the info for your secondary member, I'll be happy to get them added to your account. Learn how to enable private messages here: How to Send a Private Message

Also, if you'd rather have this handled over the phone, we can be reached at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277). We look forward to speaking with you further!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Same thing is happening to me

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ArivanhS756951 Hi Arivanh, let me fix this! Please send me a private message with your secondary member's full name and date of birth, thank you! Here are the steps to send a private message: How do I send a private message

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi @AARPJanelleM I am having the same issue trying to add a secondary member to my account.  I get the same error message as noted in the original email thread.  The name being added has the same last name as me, but the first name is different.  Also, I tried to follow the steps you provide to enable private message, but the "Private Messenger" section in the "Settings" does not even appear there for me.  I did find a "My Private Messages" link on my "Community Profile" page, but when I click on it, I get an "Access Denied" message.  Any help would be appreciated.

Community Concierge

@ThelmaA35214 Hey Thelma, let's get this fixed! Please give us a call when you have a moment: 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277).

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP