Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

STOP MAILING US JUNK!!!!!

my GOD, you people are ridiculous. NOBODY wastes more money on marketing and postage than you.  NOBODY.    we renewed 2 weeks ago. since then you have mailed out 3 pairs of new membership cards we don't need.   All you people seem to know how to to do is keep the post office afloat.  Maybe if you cut down on annoying people with your marketing, you could put that saved money toward useful discounts, of which you have none, or lowering membership costs and maybe picking up more. You're worse than the pharm companies with your marketing and mailings.  It's SICK

I AM TELLING EVERYONE I KNOW TO NEVER EVER EVER EVER SIGN UP FOR AARP. 

Community Concierge

@DavidB768434 I'm terribly sorry for the frustration this has caused, David. As we previously discussed, the pre-printed renewal notices will fully stop being delivered to you within 4-6 weeks due to those pre-printed labels. 

Janelle,

AARP is horrible and abusive. AARP should shut down. It purports to offer a service but all it does for the member ship fee is collect your address and then commence a marketing BLITZ flooding members with mail. This is fraud. 

AARP SENDS A REGULAR AND VERITABLE BLITZ OF DENTAL INSURANCE, LIFE INSURANCE AND OTHER MARKETING NONSENSE. OFTEN THE ENVELOPS ARE DECEPTIVELY LABELED "RENEWAL NOTICE" EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE TRYING TO SELL YOU INSURANCE. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, ABUSIVE AND ABSURD. WHEN YOU GO TO THE WEBSITE TO OPT OUT OF SNAIL MAIL YOU CANNOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE ONLY OPTION IS TO CONFIRM YOUR ADDRESS... PRESUMABLY BECAUSE THEY WANT SO BAD TO SEND YOU MORE ABUSIVE, WASTEFUL AND HORRIBE INSURANCE MARKETING. AARP HAS TO BE ONE OF THE MOST TERRIBLE ORGANIZATIONS ON THE PLANET. I CURSE THE DAY I EVER SIGNED UP.

Community Concierge

@MichaelB643532 Here to help! I was able to stop all mailed advertisements from our service providers for your account. You can expect the mailings to fully stop within 12 weeks due to pre-printed mailing labels. Let me know if there's anything further I can do to help!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Perhaps it would REALLY help if you knew how to actually READ and COMPREHEND!   IT's renewal notices this time, it's membership cards. THREE pairs so far since renewing a few weeks ago

Honored Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM Could you please assist @DavidB768434 ? 🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP