Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Renewal rip off

I received the renewal notice from AARP in the mail.  Just recently I sent in the payment for my  renewal. Now AARP comes out with renewal price of $9 a year which is far, far cheaper than what I had to pay.  How fair is that?  Can I cancel the renewal I sent in and renew at the $9 price?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Another "rip off" and, in my opinion, taking advantage of Seniors - My husband's current AARP membership card is good through 2028, yet over the past year he has received numerous notices to renew his membership.  I have had to remind him that his membership is still good.  Last year I called an AARP rep about this and he was actually rude to me and offered no explanation.  I thought AARP was suppose to help Seniors??? 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@rmollen We occasionally send out Early Bird renewal offers to active members that may want to take advantage of a discounted renewal rate. Also, any mailings addressed to "Valued Member" are mass mailings that go to all households and they are not specifically directed to you. I invite you to send me a private message if you'd like me to review the mailing preferences on the account, I'm here to help! How to Send a Private Message

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@jfegley Let's get to the bottom of this! I sent you a private message for more info. You can access your private messages on the Community site by following the steps found here: How to Send a Private Message I look forward to hearing back from you!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Did you renew for the 5-year term? If not, this $9.00 Black Friday deal is for the 5-year term. 

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] (☉౪ ⊙)
Honored Social Butterfly

Never subscribe to anything without attempting to negotiate a better deal first. Even the $9.00 a year isn't a good deal as far as I am concerned. Three years ago I negotiated $31.00 for five years with AARP. That comes to less than $6.25 a year. I negotiate magazine subscriptions(Time Magazine for 3 years for $30 total), radio(XM radio for less than 1/2 price), and my local newspaper(for 1/10 the printed subscription rate).

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP