Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Removing deceased spouse as primary member and making me the sole member

Removing deceased spouse as primary member and making me the sole member

I've looked at my account and can't edit the AARP members. My husband is listed as primary and me secondary, but he passed away last year and I want to remove his name and have just mine on the account.

Community Concierge

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband! I've taken care of it and the account is now in your name. It will take about 4-6 weeks for the mail to switch over to your name. Take care and let me know if I can help with anything else!  

0 Kudos

hi how do i remove my primary person that is deceased now. im the secondary. just renewed my membership

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@BarbaraW639344 I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your husband! On behalf of AARP and myself, please accept our condolences. His passing has been reported, and the account is now in your name. I see your renewal and a new card for you will arrive in about 4 weeks.  If I can help with anything else, please let me know!  Jodee R. 

0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

I am happy to assist. Please send me a private message so that we can assist. -Sue J

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello Jodee,

I also lost my husband in February of this year.  Our account has both names on it, and I believe he was primary.  I just renewed my membership for five more years.  Would you please remove my husband's name and make mine primary? Thanks so much.

Community Concierge

@Aziza50 Please accept my deepest condolences on the news of your loss, Aziza. I was able to process your request and you can expect the membership mailings to cross over to your name within 4-6 weeks. You may still receive both membership cards due to the recent renewal already being processed. We're always here to help!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP