Re: Early Renewal Notices

I still have 4 years until 2025 expiration. Is AARP trying to fool seniors in paying over & over for their membership? I thought they were protecting seniors. I constantly get notices to renew. I have even called to complain, they don't stop!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@nj167774  Let's look into this. When you have a moment, please give us a call: 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) so we can investigate those mailings. Also, please keep in mind that any mailings addressed to "Valued Member" are mass mailings that go to all households and they are not specifically directed to you.

0 Kudos

I have called to complain about this very thing, every year. Your organization knows very well about this. I used to do mass mailings for a small company and I was able to customize selection by customer status or demographics. Maybe it is time to place complaints about this elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I negotiate all my subscriptions from xm radio, to the newspaper, to Time Magazine, to AARP membership.

I get at least 50% to 75% off the regular rate for XM, 50% off my newspaper, got 3 years of Time for $30, and, best of all, got five years of AARP for $31, not the $16 a year ($80 for five years) they try to charge you.

It pays to negotiate your subscriptions, especially if you are on a fixed income.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
0 Kudos