Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Kudos
Views

Re: Early Renewal Notices

Message 1 of 6

Please contact the AARP membership center, toll free, at: 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277), Monday-Friday between the hours of 7:00 AM ET and 11:00 PM ET and one of our membership representatives will be happy to look into getting the discounted membership dues rate for you. Thank you!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

We renewed our membership.  On the same day we received the new cards, a membership renewal application came in the mail.  It offered a signigicant discount on the membership fee from what we had paid just 2 weeks previously.  My advice is to wait until your membership expires to renew.  What a disappointment to be charged more for renewing early.  Will not do that again.  Thanks for nothing AARP.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

Hi Scherryd! We do acknowledge that many members would prefer a smoother renewal process which is why we now offer automatic renewal. With automatic renewal, we'll let you know once via mail and email that your account is due for renewal 90 days in advance. We will charge you on the first day of the renewal month unless you request a cancellation before that date. Is that something that would work for you?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

I agree entirely.  In a 4 month period I received 14 AARP renewal notices. I am appalled AARP wastes the membership fees we pay to support AARP. Certainly, the funds use to send so many renewal notices can be use more productively. Shame!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

Let's look into this. Look out for a private message from me so I can get your membership information to do some digging. 

AARP Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 6 of 6

I agree with you 100%.  I signed up online and paid online but I still receive a renewal offer with a card in it MONTHLY. 

Recently, I submitted a 5 year renewal and it has not yet gone into effect despite them taking the money from my account.  To date I haven't received anything except the monthly renewal offers. 

I am so tired of the excess junk mail.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors