Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Payment Portal Problem

Something Is Wrong With Payment Portal I Have Funds On My Credit Card But Everytime I try to purchase a giftcard It’s giving me an error message contact customer care .. I needed 2500 in carnival cruise before the weekend please fix this error I see other people complaining about this same issue 

Contributor

Was this issue ever resolved after speaking to a customer service person and them referring it to tech support? 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Same error as everyone else. Does AARP not know or listen? This is in June 2023 and it appears to not be fixed. I have tried multiple credit cards, computers, ip addresses, paypal, clear cache cookies, cellphones and nothing. This is a problem with AARP

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am a retired IBM techie and have used online payment portals for years without problems. I just joined AARP to get these. excellently priced discount gift cards and can not yet three different credit cards to go through because of a “problem with your card payment“

I called in and I texted AARP and both are completely miffed by the fact that their payment system is not working. They will escalate, and it will take days. My bet: they will never figure it out!

Regular Contributor

If your payment did not go through, consider yourself lucky! At least you still have your money!!!!

I paid AARP over a week and a half ago for $2500 worth of GCs and they haven't given me squat but a hard time!!! It took a week for them to finally accept my payment, but now I can't get the product I spent a week trying to purchase!!!!!

When I call asking where my cards are or if can get a refund, I am told that someone will call me back. All they can say is there is a "technical issue" but no one can tell me what that issue is or offer a refund. I need the money back NOW as my payment is due in under 2.5 hours.

Community Concierge

@DonnieB321761 Thanks for reaching out. I reviewed your account and there's actually a technical issue that's preventing you from completing your purchase. I was able to escalate this to our team for resolution and you can expect to hear back within 5 business days. 

Contributor

Were they able to fix the problem and if so how long does it take? I'm having the same problem.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ArielM830808 Let's look into it! What problem are you having on our site? Are you experiencing an error message?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I was able to purchase 1 carnival cruise gift card right after I joined AARP and then that was it. Now I keep getting an error stating that there is a problem. I'm doing everything the same way as the first time but I continue to get the same error.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ArielM830808 Hey there! I see purchases went through on your account on July 31. Let me know if you have any further issues or need assistance with anything else!

Periodic Contributor

I am having the exact same issue. How do i fix it?

Contributor

I'm surprised no one mentioned to try another browser. If you are using Edge or Internet Explorer, try Chrome or Firefox.

Community Concierge

@ElaineC31159 Hi Elaine, I can look into this. When you have a moment, please send me a private message and let me know the item you are trying to purchase, the payment method, the device used and also let me know which browser and version you're using. You can reach out to me via private message by following the steps here: How do I send a private message I look forward to hearing back from you!

Periodic Contributor

Well now today I was able to buy the tickets but they haven’t shown up in my email yet. I can’t help but feel something is wrong with the site

Periodic Contributor

Good luck I gave up! And pay my final payment with Carnival. I can't believe is not solved. 

Community Concierge

@LuisC300724 I apologize for this issue you're experiencing, Luis. I responded to your other post: https://community.aarp.org/t5/Redemption/Carnival-Gift-Card/m-p/2480117#M6612 Let me know if there's anything I can do. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP