Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How can I get a PERSON to correct a membership expiration problem

Contributor

How can I get a PERSON to correct a membership expiration problem

At the website:  aarp.org, it indicates my membership expires April 30, 2025.

For some reason, though, I paid $49 on March 23, 2020, and this extended my membership through April 30, 2030. I also received membership cards (myself and spouse) with this date.

Can the main AARP website be corrected? How? Thank you. (For obvious reasons, I have not included my membership number and name on this forum.)

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Concierge

@jpgp914 Thanks for being a valued part of our family! I see that you made two 5 year renewals on March 23, 2020. Your new cards with the 2030 expiration date were generated and mailed out to you. However, on April 15, 2020, you contacted us for a refund of the second 5 year renewal payment. Your refund was sent back to your credit card and your membership expiration date reverted back to 4/30/2025. The valid membership expiration date is now 4/30/2025. I'm always here to help if you need anything further!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@jpgp914 Thanks for being a valued part of our family! I see that you made two 5 year renewals on March 23, 2020. Your new cards with the 2030 expiration date were generated and mailed out to you. However, on April 15, 2020, you contacted us for a refund of the second 5 year renewal payment. Your refund was sent back to your credit card and your membership expiration date reverted back to 4/30/2025. The valid membership expiration date is now 4/30/2025. I'm always here to help if you need anything further!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Janelle, thank you for responding. I had forgotten about doing the double payment. (I think it seemed the first attempt didn't work, so I did a second, then they both appeared on the next credit card statements. Then the 2030 cards, which somehow had been put away, just surfaced. When we do renew in 2024, I’m sure new cards will be generated automatically, so we will get rid of these 2030 cards right now so there is no more confusion.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@jpgp914 You are most welcome! I also ordered you a new set of membership cards with the correct date that will reach you within 3-4 weeks via mail. You can also print a copy online at: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/how-do-i-print-my-membership-card 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP