Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: FREE DUFFLE BAG NEVER RECEIVED 10/19

Message 31 of 45

I, too, never received the FREE duffel bag after getting insurance quote.  I never received the promised email to confirm that I wished to receive the duffel bag.  I did, however, recieve lots of emails with the quote, but ignored about the duffel bag.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Re: FREE DUFFLE BAG NEVER RECEIVED

Message 32 of 45

Hi @LisaS674548, The free gift usually takes 4-6 weeks after the quote to arrive. Have you contacted The Hartford to get the status of your free gift? If not, please contact them at 1-888-489-8631. If you have already contacted The Hartford regarding your free gift, please inform us so we can get additional information from you to have the Escalation team research the issue.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 45

Yes I was supposed to receive a Weekender duffle bag free for calling Hartford Auto Insurance I requested a quote and it was still too much then what I'm currently paying for my auto insurance but I would still like my free duffle bag like what it says if you request a quote you receive a free duffle bag I requested a quote but I am sticking with my insurance I will be looking forward to receiving my Weekender duffle bag thank you very much

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 45

Hi @catladyrn, we certainly understand your concern regarding not receiving your free duffel bag from membership renewal. We'd be happy to forward your concern to the Membership team for their thorough review if you’d like. In order to better understand the issue, we will require additional information. At your convenience, please send a private message and provide the following details:

- First & last name
- AARP membership number (or home address)
- Best contact number
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 45

Tagging on to say I never received my promised 'giftie' when I renewed my membership back in 2016.  I wrote in to AARP and received zero response.  However, AARP has no trouble sending me junk solicitations for products I don't want.

Pretty sure I'm not renewing this year despite all the begging letters.  There's just no benefit to membership.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 45

Hi @j776942sAARP Member Benefits Team here to help. We certainly understand your concern regarding not receiving your free duffel bag from The Hartford. We'd be happy to forward your concern to the Escalation team at The Hartford for their thorough review and investigation if you’d like. In order to better understand the issue, we will require additional information. At your convenience, please send a private message and provide the following details:
- AARP membership number (or home address)
- Best contact number
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 45

Hi @bigmary88, you're right! That is why AARP monitors member correspondence pertaining to our products and services. This way, we can reach out to our Members and work with the Escalation team for our partnered providers to have member issues investigated and resolved. If you'd like us to do this on your behalf, you can send a private message to me with the following:

- Your AARP membership number (or home address)
- Best contact phone number

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 45

I got my quote from Hartford (way too high, can't beat Geico) on May 27.  The free duffle bag never showed up.  I phoned in late July, and the woman I spoke to said I'd have it for sure by September 17.  Today is September 19, and no duffle bag has shown up. 

Today I phoned and the woman I spoke with tried to excuse this by saying I never "verified your e-mail after the quote."  The e-mail about the quote on May 27 came to my correct e-mail and said nothing about some verification.  The woman put me on hold, and came back to say she was manually ordering the bag.

Meanwhile, waiting on hold, I looked at photos of the bag others have posted, all of whom were very unhappy with it.  It's small and looks cheap.  When the woman came back on the line, I told her to skip it.  If it should arrive, I'll donate it to Goodwill. 

It's just the principle of the thing.  I suspect, because we are seniors getting quotes, that we are treated shabbily, knowing that many of us will not complain or follow-up.  Seniors usually have many other issues to deal wtih besides a shabby "free gift."

I'll remind myself to never ever get a quote from Hartford again.  I'm disappointed, AARP, assuming you're reading this.  We members deserve better treatment. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 45

Hi @da8644, here to help! The free gift usually takes 4-6 weeks after the quote to arrive. Have you contacted The Hartford to request the status of your free gift? If not, please contact them at 1-888-489-8631. If you have already contacted The Hartford regarding your free gift, please inform us so we can get additional information from you to have The Hartford's Escalation team research the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 45

I never received my free Duffle bag either.  It was promised in the mailer, and stated "Bonus gift from the Hartford.....Call and request a quote and receive a Weekender Duffle Bag....FREE"

This is not my first negative experience with The Hartford.  

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors